Fórumok

I want to make change the functionality of calendar portlet.

Atul Soni, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

I want to make change the functionality of calendar portlet.

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.02.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
hi!

I wants to make some customization in calendar portlet."I wants to restrict user to add more then one event at the same time "
i am beginner in liferay so can you please tell me that which is the best way to do that.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: I want to make change the functionality of calendar portlet.

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
customization can be a beast - my recommendation is to get someone who's not a beginner any more, or put this requirement on the backburner while you collecting experience in your project.

The solution on the data side (no two overlapping events) would be relatively trivial, but you probably want to give a nice UI for this as well, instead of just ignoring the input. Thus it'd be backend AND frontend code that both must be customized. Some technical details can be found if you're searching for "a plugin to extend a plugin". Alternatively get the sourcecode and see if you can utilize it. If it's too complex: Continue in my first paragraph.
Atul Soni, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.02.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thank you for reply.
But i have to perform this task.
So can you suggest me any services or method which is allready defined in CalendarPortlet which help me to restrict user to add more then one event at the same time.
Hiran Chaudhuri, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 188 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Assuming you use Liferay 6.2, you should look at the methods of the CalendarBookingService.
Maybe ServiceBuilder is a good keyword for you - I'm no master in customizing myself.