Fórumok

Document Library Problem

Nancy Berberi, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Document Library Problem

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.06.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

I am facing some problems while using the document library in the liferay social office:

1. I have uploaded a word document to the liferay Document library and click on it then open, it opens in word normally then i edit it in word and save it, i reopen the file from the document library and didn't find the changes i made;

2. furthermore I have chosen edit from the actions list and uploaded 2 versions for the same document but in the versionning section i couldn't see the versions i made and even i didn't see the compare versions button.

2. What is the lock/ Unclock feature ?

Kindly advise.

Thanks and regards,
Nancy
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

RE: Document Library Problem

Expert Bejegyzések: 373 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2004.08.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
1. I have uploaded a word document to the liferay Document library and click on it then open, it opens in word normally then i edit it in word and save it, i reopen the file from the document library and didn't find the changes i made;

Nancy, the functionality to be able to do this was updated in the more recent version of Social Office, which has since been released as an Enterprise Edition. We will be creating a new CE for Social Office 2.0, which will be based on Liferay 6 and include new functionality.

Unfortunately, the timeline for the new CE is going to take some time (we expect a Q1 2011 release). Meanwhile, we could provide a trial version of the new EE for your evaluation if you are interested.

2. furthermore I have chosen edit from the actions list and uploaded 2 versions for the same document but in the versionning section i couldn't see the versions i made and even i didn't see the compare versions button.

Let us get back to you on this issue.

3. What is the lock/ Unclock feature ?

The lock feature "locks" the document so you can freely edit the document and not worry about someone else editing at the same time. Once you're done editing and upload a new version, you can unlock the document to make it available to others again. Users can still download the file while it is locked; they just can't upload a new version.
thumbnail
Ryan Park, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 120 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.08.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Nancy,

I wanted to look into your issue and I wanted to make sure that you're using Social Office 1.5b.

Thanks, Ryan
thumbnail
Hennie de Villiers, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 78 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.04.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Ryan

It seems the current download of 1.5B has a couple of quirks that were resolved in later builds.

This may put some open source users off to eventually explore the possibility of using EE. Also take in consideration that may test users may not be software developers and thus less technical to resolve issues themselves.

It might be a good idea to publish an updated version say 1.6 prior to the release of 2, since 2 may take some time before it becomes available.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 373 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2004.08.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Hennie,

We are going to try to release a 1.6 CE around end of July or August, which will indeed contain some of the fixes for the issues you're encountering in the 1.5 beta.
thumbnail
Hennie de Villiers, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 78 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.04.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Great...

Looking forward to it...