Fórumok

Importing .Lar in Liferay6.2 Issue ?

Mohammad Kalesha, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Importing .Lar in Liferay6.2 Issue ?

New Member Bejegyzések: 14 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.07.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,

I developed theme and some web content stuff after exported .lar and i am trying to import another environment but facing issue ?

An unexpected error occurred with the publication process. Please check your portal and publising configuration.
com.liferay.portal.NoSuchGroupException: No Group exists with the primary key 10184

Can any one help ?

Thanks
thumbnail
Jan Geißler, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

RE: Importing .Lar in Liferay6.2 Issue ?

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 735 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
You have content in your lar, which belongs to the group with the id 10184. The stack you posted clearly states that.
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2416 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hey Jan,

I am curious about this one. I've recently had several issues with Importing LARs as well. I was always under the impression that the export was to be Company and Group agnostic so that I could export content from Site A and import it into Site B.

Is that a wrong assumption?
thumbnail
Jan Geißler, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 735 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
As far as I can tell you:
Import/Export of Content/Pages etc. is always a very error prone process. I think I have a success rate of about 15% when importing/exporting pages via LAR.
You are right, with this assumption:
the export was to be Company and Group agnostic so that I could export content from Site A and import it into Site B.

But let me throw this in as well:
The import/export process is not only a very error prone process, it is also buggy... ;)
You could do the following:
Unzip the lar file. Search for the entry that makes the process go haywire. Try to figure out what exactly the problem is. For that, you should take a Look at the Data handlers of the portlets/entity where your problem is originating.
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2416 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hey Jan.

Good to know. I have cracked the LARs open in the past to try what you are suggesting as well as dip into the Importer classes to see why they are complaining as well. 100% agree, it's a painful process. I just wanted to make sure that perhaps part of the reason I experience so many failures wasn't due to a misunderstanding that I had about how it was supposed to work.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Andew Jardine:
Hey Jan,

I am curious about this one. I've recently had several issues with Importing LARs as well. I was always under the impression that the export was to be Company and Group agnostic so that I could export content from Site A and import it into Site B.

Is that a wrong assumption?

It depends on the references. For example, if having a reference from a content in Global scope you should export/import from Global scope first so that reference is available.

Said that, there are some bugs, so depending on the error it will be a bug or not...