Fórumok

Liferay Faces Portal

Christophe Noel, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Faces Portal

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 99 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.09.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello guys,

I appreciate everything you develop emoticon but, I'm waiting for years about when the UI tag in Liferays Faces will be enhanced.
Using JSP, for example we had a tag for including the permissions table directly in a portlet.

Since we have Liferay Faces, we only have the liferay-security:permissionsURL.
Other JSP features were useful, so my question is: is there any chance such UI components will be implemented ?

regards,

Christophe.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay Faces Portal

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Christophe,

which are the features you miss?
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2655 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.07.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Christophe,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Also thank you for being such a faithful member of the Liferay Faces community emoticon

Our new Liferay Faces Showcase features a "Portal" category with the following all-new components:
  • portal:buttonRow
  • portal:captcha (replaces our liferay-ui:captcha legacy JSF component)
  • portal:header
  • portal:inputRichText (replaces our liferay-ui:input-editor legacy JSF component)
  • portal:inputSearch
  • portal:nav
  • portal:permissionsURL (replaces our liferay-security:permissionsURL legacy JSF component)
  • portal:runtime

These components take advantage of our new PortalTagRenderer class that has the ability to capture the output of a JSP (that's right, JavaServer PAGES) tag and render it to the response like a JSF component. This has made it possible to create new JSF components like the ones mentioned above.

I recently wrote a blog post titled Liferay Faces Project News, May 2015. At the end of the blog under "What's Next" I wrote:
After the GA6 release, the Liferay Faces team will focus on GA7 which will contain maintenance repairs for GA6 as well as some additional JSF components

When you get a chance, please let us know which JSP tags you would like to see working in a JSF/Facelets environment.

Thanks again,

Neil
Christophe Noel, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 99 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.09.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

Thank you for pointing me to these resources.

In fact, I had in mind that, years ago, I used a JSF tag to include the "permissions management interface" (list of actions/roles checkboxes) directly in the current page, instead of using the permission URL to access the page.
I cannot find anymore such JSP tag.
I have a doubt now. Has it ever existed ? ...

Regards,

Christophe.
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2655 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.07.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Christophe,

I could be wrong, but I don't think that such a JSP tag ever existed. I just checked the liferay-security.tld descriptor for 6.2.x and 6.1.x. Because 6.0.x and 5.2.x are not at GitHub I had to check in my local copies of the source and the files are basically the same. In other words, I didn't find anything close to such a UI except liferay-security:permissionsURL, which simply provides a URL to the permissions page.

Kind Regards,

Neil