Fórumok

jsp import statements in hooks

thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

jsp import statements in hooks

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 208 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.11.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm following the Liferay In action example (chapter 10) to develop a small hook to extend the fields in calendar using the IDE.

I added these lines to the view_event.jsp to expose my types to the jsp:

<%@page import="com.teamw.liferay.calendar.reg.model.CalReg" %>
<%@page import="com.teamw.liferay.calendar.reg.service.CalRegLocalServiceUtil" %>

When I try to run the view_event.jsp I get this error:

"Only a type can be imported. com.teamw.liferay.calendar.reg.model.CalReg resolves to a package"

If I add a ".* to the end of the import statements I get the errors:

"CalReg cannot be resolved to a type"
"CalRegLocalServiceUtil cannot be resolved"
implying that the import statements were ok.

I have a feeling there is something wrong with the classpaths and/or build paths in the IDE - I have also deployed manually using ant deploy.

I have tried researching the "only a type can be imported" error but cant see any conclusive reason for it

Any help appreciated

Dave
thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

RE: jsp import statements in hooks

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 208 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.11.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
The only way around this I have found so far is to put the <hookname>-hook.service,.jar file into the tomcat /lib/ext directory
No doubt it could be placed in other locations but why isn't it being picked up from the
webapps/<hookname>/WEB-INF/lib directory?

I will have to remember to update things when I change the service definition (which I have to as I need too process Dates and hence bring multiple integers form the user interface)

Is this an SDK issue or IDE?