Fórumok

Websphere server with liferay developer studio

Radouane Roufid, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Websphere server with liferay developer studio

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.07.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

I have to develop a program running on websphere server on liferay developer studio. On "Define a New server" screen, Liferay developer studio suggests me to choose a Websphere Server as shown below :

But on the next screen ("Websphere runtime for Liferay V.6.0 EE"), in the Liferay runtime stub part Liferay developer studio don't suggest me a websphere runtime stub type as shown below :

And where i can find the Liferay runtime stub directory ?

Thank you.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

RE: Websphere server with liferay developer studio (Válasz)

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14916 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Bad idea.

Seriously, regardless of what your target app server(s) are, for development you don't want to try and rely on them. Higher level app servers bring too much headache to development forcing you to worry about class loader configs, security configs, etc.

Stick with tomcat for your development and leave the app servers like websphere for the test and prod systems.
Radouane Roufid, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

RE: Websphere server with liferay developer studio

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.07.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thank you.
thumbnail
Yanan Yuan, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

RE: Websphere server with liferay developer studio

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 89 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

If you want to configure the websphere server on Studio:

On the second screenshot, you need to enter websphere server in the "WebSphere client installation directory" section, and then choose a "liferay runtime".

For the liferay runtime, you can find a liferay-portal-tomcat.*.zip file in your "liferay-developer-studio/DeveloperStudio/resources/" folder.
And normally you should have it extracted through the "First Launch wizard". Just enter the liferay-portal-tomcat location and choose its runtime stub type. Then you can go on the next page.Here is my screenshot.emoticon