Fórumok

hooking lifeary plugins to seprated Jsf application

Mahdi Bazargani, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

hooking lifeary plugins to seprated Jsf application

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.06.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
dear liferay users,

I wanted to know if i can simply hook (or any altrentive) the liferay application and plugin to pure JSF format.

I think liferay is based on JSP tags not JSF tages. .

I wan ot use these tags in Jdeveloper to write my own JSF pages.

Does hooking help in this context?

Regards
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

RE: hooking lifeary plugins to seprated Jsf application

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6396 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
You can build your own portlet's UI on any technology you like - you don't have to go with the same that Liferay is using.

If you want to override Liferay's functionality, it makes sense to stick with what's already there, as JSPs are only the frontend. You'd effectively re-implement all of the functionality in JSF if you speak about hooking Liferay's functionality. In that case, and if you reimplement anyway: Just build the UI you need in your custom portlets and deploy them to Liferay - don't bother hooking Liferay's existing UI.

Does this make sense? Or is it hard to tell the two options apart?
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2655 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.07.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
We have a new version of Liferay Faces coming out soon that contains lots of JSF (Facelet) UI components which are featured in our new Liferay Faces Showcase.

The components prefixed with “alloy:” utilize AlloyUI and would be used instead of the aui: JSP tags.

The components prefixed with “portal:” actually invoke the JSP TagLib lifecycle under the hood, so that the JSF developer gets all the benefit of the Liferay JSP tag in a Facelets environment.
Mahdi Bazargani, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.06.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I wanted to hook the messaging portlet of lifeary to seprated JSF application in jdeveloper.

I actually need to implement that messaging in a simple JSF ages (so even the I can copy the database of liferay for my application).

Can I don that with lifearyfaces?

Thanks
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2655 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.07.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Mahdi,

I think the easiest way to accomplish your goal would be to develop a JSF portlet that runs in Liferay Portal. The JSF backing beans could interact with the Liferay MessageBoards/Forums database tables via the Liferay API (Service Layer).

Kind Regards,

Neil