Fórumok

unexpected startup errors while start LR6.2EE server

thumbnail
Bhaskar Kumar, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

unexpected startup errors while start LR6.2EE server

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 38 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,

I am trying to connect LR6.2 to Oracle11g. But server stops and give unexpected startup errors.

INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
17:35:43,021 INFO [localhost-startStop-1][DialectDetector:71] Determine dialect for Oracle 11
17:35:43,086 INFO [localhost-startStop-1][DialectDetector:136] Found dialect org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect
Starting Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition 6.2.10 EE GA1 (Newton / Build 6210 / November 1, 2013)
17:36:43,103 INFO [localhost-startStop-1][StartupAction:99] The following patches are installed: portal-45-6210
17:36:44,471 INFO [localhost-startStop-1][BaseDB:481] Database supports case sensitive queries
17:36:44,805 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][MainServlet:212] java.lang.IllegalStateException: The database contains changes from a previous upgrade attempt that failed. Please restore the old database and file system and retry the upgrade. A patch may be required if the upgrade failed due to a bug or an unforeseen data permutation that resulted from a corrupt database.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The database contains changes from a previous upgrade attempt that failed. Please restore the old database and file system and retry the upgrade. A patch may be required if the upgrade failed due to a bug or an unforeseen data permutation that resulted from a corrupt database.
at com.liferay.portal.tools.DBUpgrader._checkReleaseState(DBUpgrader.java:314)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.DBUpgrader.upgrade(DBUpgrader.java:136)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.doRun(StartupAction.java:180)
at com.liferay.portal.ee.license.StartupAction.doRun(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.run(StartupAction.java:73)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.processStartupEvents(MainServlet.java:1245)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.init(MainServlet.java:209)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:160)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1280)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1088)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5176)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5460)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:656)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1635)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Stopping the server due to unexpected startup errors
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

RE: unexpected startup errors while start LR6.2EE server

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
My best guess is that the database contains changes from a previous upgrade attempt that failed. Please restore the old database and file system and retry the upgrade. A patch may be required if the upgrade failed due to a bug or an unforeseen data permutation that resulted from a corrupt database.

In case you need a patch, please contact Liferay support, as you're on EE.
thumbnail
Suchit Khobarekar, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.04.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
Well the below message is clear enough.

17:36:44,805 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][MainServlet:212] java.lang.IllegalStateException: The database contains changes from a previous upgrade attempt that failed. Please restore the old database and file system and retry the upgrade. A patch may be required if the upgrade failed due to a bug or an unforeseen data permutation that resulted from a corrupt database.

You need to verify of a Liferay upgrade was Run on the DB and if it had failed or succeeded. If the upgrade had failed you would need to Restore your DB to the previous state, before the upgrade and try to run the upgrade again.

If you want more details of the Upgrade, have a look at the "Release_" table in your DB and check the buildNumber for the servletContextName, portlat. You will get to know which version you are upgraded to
thumbnail

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 38 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
I am working on migration (6.1.30 to 6.2). I am running 6.2 server . Now I am doing Data migration on 6.2 , because i need to import 6.1 LAR on 6.2 .
I am doing below steps:
1.Remove exiting 6.1 sever, add LR tomcat6.2
2. Applying Liferay fix patch on 6.2 server . i apply the patch successful using command My default.properties looks
patching.mode=binary
war.path=../tomcat-7.0.42/webapps/ROOT/
global.lib.path=../tomcat-7.0.42/lib/ext/

3. i finished the file system configuration in portal-ext.properties.

jdbc.default.driverClassName=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

jdbc.default.url=jdbc:-Oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe

jdbc.default.username=liferaydatabase

jdbc.default.password=liferaydatabase

dl.store.impl=com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.DBStore

dl.store.file.system.root.dir=/C:/OMDWeb/liferay6.2/Backup/liferay-portal-tomcat-6.2-ee-sp11-20150407182402908/liferay-portal-6.2-ee-sp11/data/document_library

image.hook.file.system.root.dir=/C:/OMDWeb/liferay6.2/Backup/liferay-portal-tomcat-6.2-ee-sp11-20150407182402908/liferay-portal-6.2-ee-sp11/data/images 

then start the 6.2 server but server not start successfully, but i point HSQL then start successful. I don't know how to processed .
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
There are several things wrong here:

• You can't import a 6.1 LAR on Liferay 6.2
  • For the database problem: First restore from backup to have a database that's not already half migrated, then do the upgrade according to the documentation
  • (you'll most likely end up with some more entries in portal-ext.properties if you do a proper upgrade)

And it should be enough to just download the latest version (service pack) from customer portal, no more fixpacks required in case you're actually doing the upgrade now.
thumbnail

Upgrading using a .war file
Running a manual upgrade is almost as easy as upgrading a bundle:

1. Obtain the Liferay Portal .war file and the dependency .jars archive.
2. Copy your customized portal-ext.properties file to a safe place and review it as described above, making all the appropriate changes.
3. Undeploy the old version of Liferay and shut down your application server.
4.Copy the new versions of Liferay's dependency .jars to a location on your server's class path, overwriting the ones you already have for the old version of liferay

How to obtain Liferay Portal.war file and dependecy.jar ? How to undeploy older version of Liferay?

is any change require on
C:\OMDWeb\liferay6.2\Backup\liferay-portal-tomcat-6.2-ee-sp11-20150407182402908\liferay-portal-6.2-ee-sp11\tomcat-7.0.42\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes
dir ?