Fórumok

Customize Default User Registration page by adding security reminder questi

LOKESH BANDHU, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Customize Default User Registration page by adding security reminder questi

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.09.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
The user enters in the "create account" form and enters all the user data: username, email, password, reminder question, etc..

How to acheive multiple password reminder questions here?
thumbnail
ismail zabiulla s, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

RE: Customize Default User Registration page by adding security reminder qu

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 70 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.07.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi lokesh

Liferay's user_ table does not contain extra column to strore more than one queryRemainderQuestion/answer

therefore either you have to store in separate table or best practice is to store in expando table using expando api provided within liferay
Expando reference

This you can achive by developing jsp hook(for having remainder question/answer) and struct action hook.(for storing in expando)

Follow this you will get idea Create account customization
LOKESH BANDHU, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.09.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
That's what I thought initially but was not sure ,What If user can write his own question? What do I have to do in the back end java to persist those values which java class and method I need to use or override,What is the back end process?Where is expando tables and How can I view it?

Thank You
thumbnail
ismail zabiulla s, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 70 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.07.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi lokesh

Please refer the links which i have suggest in my last post. you can code accordingly.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Note that not only will you need to update the registration process, but also the password recovery process, as Liferay only is aware of a single recovery question.

A personal note: I'm typically heavily annoyed by these questions: They're asking for insecure public knowledge (at least it's typically not really secret data) and enable recovery with knowledge of that answer, thus it's quite easy to loose control over my account. If I make it truly secret, I might not remember the answer myself when I need it.