Fórumok

New Installation - not running, what am I missing :)

Marcus Lively, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

New Installation - not running, what am I missing :)

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.09.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,
New to this and hoping for some help. I have installed a new CentOS 6.7 running CWP version: 0.9.8.9, Java 1.7.0_85, Apache Tomcat/8.0.14 (manager etc running fine) trying to install liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga4 WAR (not the bundled version). Uploaded the war file to the webapp directory as ROOT.war and it auto deployed. removed the .war file and put the dependencies in the common.loader folder (Probably a better way to do it I know) which is ${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar but if I try browse to hostname:8080 to start configuration I am not receiving anything, am I missing something?

Any assistance appreciated, Many Thanks, Marcus
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

RE: New Installation - not running, what am I missing :)

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Are there any error logs? Log lines will be helpful for sure..
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Dependencies are shipped separately from the war, so you have to download those and put in the global lib dir.

No JDBC driver is provided in the dependencies download, so you'll need one of those dropped into the global lib dir also.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
...also, different application servers require different added jars in addition to Liferay's "dependencies". For Tomcat, I'm having these non-tomcat-standard jars on the global classpath:
  • activation.jar
  • ccpp.jar
  • hsql.jar
  • jms.jar
  • jta.jar
  • jtds.jar
  • junit.jar
  • jutf7.jar
  • mail.jar
  • mysql.jar
  • persistence.jar
  • portal-service.jar
  • portlet.jar
  • postgresql.jar
  • support-tomcat.jar

(this is what I've found in my installation that originated as a bundle after some use - there might be something that you don't need, but it should all be well documented)

Hi,
Thanks for the replies, bit of a time difference as am in the UK so excuse the delay. Re-reading the documentation I see I am missing some additional files. Steep learning curve as this was my first Tomcat install last night but its getting there. I am going to work on 2 instances, one with Tomcat8 and also try with the bundled version in isolation. I see some references to TOMCAT_HOME and CATALINA_HOME I assume they are the same (but different to _BASE) will probably add both to be sure. Looking at it again this evening.

Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Marcus
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
I forgot: Welcome to Liferay.

You might want to try to use the bundle first. Then, when you install Liferay on your own appserver (or on your own tomcat), you can still use the bundle as reference and compare both installation. You'll easily spot missing files on your appserver and nonstandard configuration files in the bundle.

Hi all,
Hope you are all well, been busy here setting up and configuring Liferay. I initially setup an online VM running CentOS 6.7, 32bit Dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630L v2 @ 2.40GHz with 2GB of RAM. The reason I chose 32bit was I wanted to get it up and running quickly as a webserver and installed CentOS's own
Web Panel which uses 512MB of RAM as opposed to the 64bit version which uses 1GB.

The CentOS Web Panel caused some additional issues as it automatically limits the number of open files so I was receiving the too many open files messages in the catalina.out log file. I believe with all the additional applications and services it installs it left little room for the Liferay so was then faced with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. I eventually got it to run however with the low memory issue the initial MySQL database creation failed. Rebooting and recreating I had a running system.

I decided to deploy a second VM, same hardware configuration but x64, and this time just configured it from the command line (no cheating this time using a GUI). No issues with open files or out of memory conditions, database creation was very quick, and once elements are cached Liferay is flying.

Am going to rebuild one more time with Liferay Portal CE 6.1 GA2 as I wanted to try Social Office and I am currently running liferay-portal-tomcat-6.2-ce-ga4

Kind regards

Marcus
thumbnail

Why would you want to get back to an old and long abandoned version (6.1 CE) when Social Office is compatible with the current version?

Hi Olaf,

I was reading an older release page and missed the + sign which said available on CE 6.2 GA1 +

I did have a look in the store but must have missed it

Will have another look, thanks for the heads up!

Cheers

Marcus