Fórumok

Nightly Builds - No Plugins listed in Plugins Installation

W W, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Nightly Builds - No Plugins listed in Plugins Installation

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.07.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

I am using a recent nightly build and I am having an issue where when I go to Plugins Installation in the Admin, I'm not seeing any Plugins from either the Official or Community repositories. It doesn't matter what I change the filters to, only installed plugins will show, not those in the repository which are not installed. It is not a proxy issue, as the server is able to communicate with the repositories.

My question is this:

Does using the nightly builds make it not possible to get uninstalled theme-plugins etc because the nightly build version exceeds the plugins version?

I believe that is the issue but if someone can verify that would be helpful.

On the other hand I have another Liferay installation I use at home, and also update from time to time with the Nightly's but there I am able to see and download plugins which are not installed through the Admin. At least I think I am able since updating from nightly, I'm going to re-test that when I get home.

Any ideas? Is it a versioning issue? If so is there a workaround other than reverting to the latest GA build? Also will reverting to an earlier build break the installation?

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

RE: Nightly Builds - No Plugins listed in Plugins Installation

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2871 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

Yeah, that's the case because the milestone behaves as if it's version 6.1, and there is no plugin that identifies itself as compatible with that release, so the list is empty.

Ok, that does make sense then. Thanks Jorge.

Still wondering though, if downgrading from Nightly Build back to GA version will break the application?

My sense is that it will, but I was hoping someone could confirm this one way or the other.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2871 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
The upgrade processes only work forward, so if any upgrade process kicked in when upgrading to the nightly build then going back may give you some problems.

To determine if that'll be your case or even if you can go around it you'll need to review the code and find out if there were any upgrade processes and what they did.

Ok thanks Jorge, that makes sense. I believe it did do some upgrades and verifies so probably not going to be too easy to roll back.

For anyone else I would recommend installing all the themes, and plugins you want before upgrading to a nightly build. If done in that order, you can still use the themes and plugins that are already installed, even though your LR version now exceeds the plugins version.