Fórumok

Converting themes to 5.0

thumbnail
Jared Harris, módosítva 16 év-val korábban

Converting themes to 5.0

New Member Bejegyzések: 5 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

I "created" a theme for 4.4.2 and now we just upgraded to 5.0, however when I run tomcat its states:

19:40:41,156 INFO [ThemeHotDeployListener:77] Registering themes for My-theme
19:40:41,156 ERROR [ThemeLocalUtil:452] Themes in this WAR are not compatible with Liferay Enterprise Portal / 5.0.0
19:40:41,171 INFO [ThemeHotDeployListener:89] Themes for My-theme registered successfully

So I'm assuming it is correct and there are differences with 5.0 themes, so now how do I upgrade my theme to make it 5.0 compliant?

emoticon (i like that there is a vader emoticon emoticon)
thumbnail
Artur Linhart, módosítva 16 év-val korábban

RE: Converting themes to 5.0

Expert Bejegyzések: 459 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.09.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
I think, You could try just to specify the another version in the liferay-look-and-feel.xml and liferay-plugin-package.xml and redeploy Your theme... I did not tried it by the version 5.0 but before I had some issues if I had some version which has not been compatible with the portal version - and if I changed the version in the xml files, then it worked again...

I do not think, there are some general changes in the themes - but sure I do not know what everything is new in 5.0

with regards, Archie
thumbnail
Jared Harris, módosítva 16 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 5 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
Many thanks, as far as I can tell it worked!

Jared

emoticon
Paul Furbacher, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 9 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.03.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks for the work-around. But ...

This is unexpected. Why should changing the value to 5.0 even be necessary? What's the point of specifying "x.y.z+" if it doesn't actually mean "and versions equal to and greater than x.y.z"?

Given what I have in my liferay-look-and-feel.xml

<look-and-feel>
	<compatibility>
		<version>4.4.2+</version>
	</compatibility>
	<theme id="X" name="X" />
</look-and-feel>

5.0 is greater than 4.4.2, so I'd expect to not get a compatibility error. Yet, I do see the error.

If this doesn't work when the "+" sign is appended to a version number, I'd suggest it's a bug.

If 4.4.2+ means "and all minor versions of the major version 4 equal to and greater than 4.4.2", then I'd suggest that the <version> element has to be renamed to <versions> and it must take a comma-separated list of major versions. For example,

<versions>4.4.2+, 5+</versions>
thumbnail
Artur Linhart, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 459 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.09.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

I think You are right with the guessing the "+" in the version meanst it is compatible with all higher versions coming "behind the last dot" in the version number specification. So, if some 4.x theme should be declared compatible with 5.x, ou could specify 4+ as version compatibility and any 5.x (or 6 or 7 :-) ) version should match...

if You look on the definition in liferay-look-and-feel_4_3_0.dtd, then you can see:

<!--
The look-and-feel element is the root of the deployment descriptor for
a Liferay look and feel archive. The look and feel archive will hereafter
be referred to as a LAF archive.
-->
<!--ELEMENT look-and-feel (compatibility, company-limit?, group-limit?, theme*)-->

<!--
The compatibility element specifies a list of Liferay Portal versions that will
properly deploy the themes in this LAF archive.
-->
<!--ELEMENT compatibility (version+)-->

<!--
The version element specifies a specific Liferay Portal version number. For
example, if its value is "3.5.0", that means the themes in this LAF archive will
deploy correctly in Liferay Portal 3.5.0. The portal will not deploy themes from
a LAF archive unless the version numbers match.
-->
<!--ELEMENT version (#PCDATA)-->

- so it means You can specify 1 or more versions into the compatibility, so something like:

<look-and-feel>
    <compatibility>
        <version>4.4.2+</version>
        <version>4.5+</version>
        <version>5+</version>
    </compatibility>
    <theme id="X" name="X" />
</look-and-feel>

with regards, Archie