Fórumok

Newly deployed theme doesn't show up in look and feel

Lori J Bannon, módosítva 16 év-val korábban

Newly deployed theme doesn't show up in look and feel

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi, I made a new theme and successfully deployed it in my D:\LiferayTomcat\liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-5.0.1\webapps directory and then started up the server at D:\LiferayTomcat\liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-5.0.1\bin and then went to http://localhost:8080/web/guest/home click on look and feel and the new theme is not there. Is there something else I need to be doing??

Thanks ahead emoticon
Luis Colorado, módosítva 16 év-val korábban

RE: Newly deployed theme doesn't show up in look and feel

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 110 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.07.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
Lori,

Take a look to the log. Be sure to look for a few lines similar to the following:

18:15:56,727 INFO [PluginPackageHotDeployListener:74] Reading plugin package for my-theme
18:15:57,009 INFO [PluginPackageHotDeployListener:187] Plugin package liferay/my-theme/4.4.2.1/war registered successfully
18:15:57,009 INFO [ThemeHotDeployListener:77] Registering themes for fms-theme
18:15:57,024 INFO [ThemeHotDeployListener:89] Themes for fms-theme registered successfully

The crucial message is "registered successfully". If you see something else instead, you need to resolve work on that.

I have found that developing Themes is tricky due to the lack of proper documentation and the buggy SDK download. In my opinion, the Themes wiki is the best way to go to find more information.

Good luck!

Luis
Lori J Bannon, módosítva 16 év-val korábban

RE: Newly deployed theme doesn't show up in look and feel

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks,

I found out that my auto.deploy.dir in the build.me.properties file wasn't set to the correct C:\Documents and Settings/me/liferay/deploy dir. There is no documentation stating that the liferay deploy directory is set there as a "snoop" dir and I missed the ${user.home} in the build.properties file, oooopss! Therefore the .war file wasn't getting expanded correctly and the liferay-look-and-feel.xml wasn't getting created.

Also, I found another way to deploy your theme with the update manager in the admin.