Fórumok

How to use Liferay6 sp1 Reports 6.0.11.1 plugin portlet

thumbnail
Sipin Verma, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

How to use Liferay6 sp1 Reports 6.0.11.1 plugin portlet

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 29 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
Liferay 6 SP1 has been released and is available. This version has Reporting feature with the help of Reports 6.0.11.1 plugin portlet.

Is anybody knowing how to use this portlet? Can anyone give brief on its usage?
Like how to get Reports, how to add definitions, how to add sources. Their purpose and purpose of various fields..
Please reply if anyone has worked on it or explored this.
thumbnail
Sebastian M, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

RE: How to use Liferay6 sp1 Reports 6.0.11.1 plugin portlet

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 43 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.09.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
I don't have any answers but I am also experimenting with this portlet today. It's unclear from my initial reading if "reports-portlet" has anything to do with the "jasperreports-web" plugin also released with SP1. I'm starting to think it does.

I have a data source configured, going against myql (direct jdbc, not using the container's datasources). It tests ok. Now I'm trying to add a definition but can't find a spec on the definition XML file. Perhaps this is a jasper reports definition file. It's been some time since I looked at the Jasper project.
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 246 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.06.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Eh, another example of well-written Liferay documentation :/ ?
thumbnail
Sebastian M, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

RE: How to use Liferay6 sp1 Reports 6.0.11.1 plugin portlet (Válasz)

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 43 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.09.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
I can confirm that what the definition requires is an XML template as generated from the Jasper iReport designer.

Here's what I did:

Installed both report-portlet and jasperreports-web.

Configured a data source in the control panel for an external mysql database using simple jdbc.

I then downloaded the iReport designer from <http://jasperforge.org/projects/ireport>, and created a simple test report that queries an external MySQL-based database. I saved this report definition and uploaded it (a .jrxml file) to a new report definition in the control panel.

With the definition created, I made a report based on this definition, using HTML output. I clicked on the report in the reports list, and the report ran. Refreshing shows an HTML file under the report information. This link leads to download the HTML file, which contains the report output. I also tested the email delivery, and it works.

This is the extent of my testing so far, but leaves me with some questions:

What if I just want to display a report in-page, and have it up-to-date dynamically? Not schedule it?

What are the roles of these two plugins?

What was the intended use-case of the reports plugin as written?

Is there documentation anywhere that I am missing?
thumbnail

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 29 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sebastian,
I followed the same steps but I am not getting the report html or other format file below the report information page. my datasource connection is testing successful, I created definition (with this datasource & jrxml template) and added report from Actions->Add Report. Then i filled only the Report format and left all other fields blank.Clicked on Generate.
Now on the Reports tab I clicked on the definition. After this I was landed to a page that says "Processing report. This may take several minutes. ". After sometime I refreshed the page as you did but couldn't found any html file link below the report information as you got in the below image.

Please help & suggest me if I have missed something.
thumbnail

I was able to create the report successfully in various formats (pdf,html,txt,csv etc) and also was able to generate email notifications for the reports. There was some issue with my liferay installation. When I tried on a freshly installed LIferay6 sp1; then it worked fine.
Thanks Sebastian.
Simi Sandhu, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.02.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Vipen, do you know if Liferay 6.0.5 supports jasper 3.7.1 Or I need to upgrade to sp1. any help wil lbe great.
thumbnail

Simi, I didn't checked this but you can try installing Liferay6 SP1's "report portlet plugin and jasper web plugin" in liferay 6.0.5 and follow same steps as explained above. Check if it works or not.
And please update the post with your research so that it will be helpful to others.
Mahesh Narke, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 105 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.10.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
hi,
i am having fresh copy of liferay and deployed Japer report EE portlet but still facing same issue.. "Processing report. This may take several minutes."
I tested this report in iReport .. working fine.
any idea?
Muhammad Taha, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 63 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Mahesh,

I'm facing the same problem with Liferay 6.1 EE. did you fix this?

Thank you
Taha
Anand Kumar, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 5 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.04.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello:

From where do I install, report-portlet and jasperreports-web. Where are these two war files available? Can you please help. It's kinda urgent.

Thanks a lot in advance.
thumbnail
Manish Kumar Gupta, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 535 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Anand,

report-portlet and jasperreports-web are available only to Enterprise Edition customers.
Anand Kumar, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 5 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.04.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Manish:

I do have the enterprise edition but don't know where do I download the wars from. Can you please give me some pointers?

thanks dude.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
It's in the customer portal among the other plugins that you can download for EE
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
It's in the customer portal among the other plugins that you can download for EE

If you don't know where that is, better contact Liferay sales to get the information.
surendra p, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 3 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.02.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Manish,
I'm new to liferay. Can you please let me know from where the Report-portlet and Jasper reports wars available. I'm using a trail version of EE. Its a bit important.

Thank you
thumbnail
Manish Kumar Gupta, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 535 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Surendra - you can drop a mail to sales@liferay.com. Our sales team will help you.
sarat daggubati, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.04.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
hi Anand,

do u install the report plugin portlet? ,i was unable to find jasper-reporting web plugin can u please give any inputs?

regards,
Sarat Daggubati
thumbnail
Rick Osborn, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 14 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.05.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sebastian M:

This is the extent of my testing so far, but leaves me with some questions:

What if I just want to display a report in-page, and have it up-to-date dynamically? Not schedule it?

What are the roles of these two plugins?

What was the intended use-case of the reports plugin as written?

Is there documentation anywhere that I am missing?

I'm trying to integrate Jasper 4.5 and Liferay 6.1 EE.

I tried deploying Aperte reports. When I deploy the port let on Liferay 6.1,
I get an error.

I tried dropping in a old version of Jasper Reports port let for Liferay, that
is from Jasper. It's written for Liferay 5.2. It is from Jasper Reports Server bundle
4.1. It and seems to hit my Jasper Server using web services.
I'm getting report permissions errors from the Jasper Server, that I am trying to work out.

I tried this new Liferay "reports" plugin port let. I haven't done the configuration
you have. I'll try this tonight.