Fórumok

FreeMarker Journal Template / Theme support

thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

FreeMarker Journal Template / Theme support

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1519 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Just doing a preliminary poll if there is any interest in FreeMarker template support for Journal Templates and Themes.

FreeMarker is a template engine similar to Velocity except it is much better written and more developer friendly. Instead of throwing absurd exceptions or silently eating template errors FreeMarker reports whats wrong and on which line of the template.

I've had really good experiences with FreeMarker and it's performance. In the company I work for we prefer FreeMarker over Velocity and it would be great to add support for FreeMarker templates to Liferay.

For more information about FreeMarker visit http://www.freemarker.org/
thumbnail
Ray Augé, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

RE: FreeMarker Journal Template / Theme support

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1197 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.02.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hey Mika,

Not to take away from your poll in any way. We're using freemarker in Liferay already, so I don't think the request is too much of a stretch.

BUT, you might be interested in the fact that we just added support for (in trunk) error output to Journal Templates from either XSL or VM.

Here are a couple snaps of what it looks like.

What do you think? It would be pretty trivial to extend this to the current theme processing logic as well, to dump this type of useful output.
thumbnail
Ray Augé, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1197 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.02.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Also, the errors outputs are themselves driven by xsl or vtl template which are customizable through portal.properties.
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1519 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Ray Augé:
Not to take away from your poll in any way. We're using freemarker in Liferay already, so I don't think the request is too much of a stretch.

I know that ServiceBuilder was switched to using FreeMarker and I know it's fairly simple to add new template engine to both Journal and Themes.

Ray Augé:
What do you think? It would be pretty trivial to extend this to the current theme processing logic as well, to dump this type of useful output.

Great. That's really handy. I'm sure Web Designers who create themes would appreciate that too.
Gabriel Gaudina, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.04.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Mika.
I'm new in Liferay.
I would like to know some url where to get freemarker examples on custom theme development (something like change portal_normal view or the order of components)
In adition, there is a spanish liferay forum?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for my english.
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Hi Gabriel,

From the Docs & Resource you can find official Liferay documentation. Here's a link to the section about theme development.

If you need help in Spanish you can ask questions in the spanish section of Liferay forums.