Fórumok

Need to create a new portlet webservice and its client

thumbnail
Rajesh Babu, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Need to create a new portlet webservice and its client

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 161 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Guys,

I need to create a portlet-webservice in one application and need to access the created portlet-webservice by creating portlet-webservice client in the other application as both are liferay applications. Please suggest me ways to achieve this.
thumbnail
Thiago Leão Moreira, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

RE: Need to create a new portlet webservice and its client

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1449 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.10.10. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Rajesh,

You should create your service using the Service Builder and setting the remote-service flag to true.

<entity name="Foo" local-service="true" remote-service="true" uuid="true"></entity>
thumbnail

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 161 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Thiago Leão Moreira,

thanks for ur suggestion. i will try using service builder.
Srikanth Konjarla, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 51 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.25. Legújabb bejegyzések
1. Create service (using service builder) with remote flag set to "true" and use the same service to build your local portlet and remote portlet.

2. You can share the portlet from a Liferay instance to another using WSRP. In this case the entire portlet markup is fetched and rendered locally from remote Liferay instance.
thumbnail

Srikanth Konjarla:
1. Create service (using service builder) with remote flag set to "true" and use the same service to build your local portlet and remote portlet.

2. You can share the portlet from a Liferay instance to another using WSRP. In this case the entire portlet markup is fetched and rendered locally from remote Liferay instance.

Hi Srikanth,

thanks for ur suggestion. i will start using service builder.
thumbnail
Abdelrahman Mohamed El Ghanam, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 41 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hey Rajesh,

did you get the webservice to work ? if you did, did you make any other modifications other then adding the remote-service="true" to your service.xml & add the methods you wish to expose to the class impl ??

Thanks ...
thumbnail
Mathieu Hicauber, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 79 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Abdelrahman

Best tutorial I have found so far for building a WS with liferay 6.0.5 Service builder : http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Creating+Liferay+6+plugin+web+service

Hope this helps !

Mathieu.