Fórumok

Custom theme modification

thumbnail
G Joseph, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Custom theme modification

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 47 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
I created a custom theme using the Plugins SDK. It got deployed correctly and I can see it displayed under the 'look and feel' section. Now what I want is to do the necessary modifications on the same. How can I do that? How to modify the files and redeploy it? Please help me with your valuable suggestions.

Thanks all.
thumbnail
Björn Ryding, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

RE: Custom theme modification

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 582 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.05.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
G Joseph:
I created a custom theme using the Plugins SDK. It got deployed correctly and I can see it displayed under the 'look and feel' section. Now what I want is to do the necessary modifications on the same. How can I do that? How to modify the files and redeploy it? Please help me with your valuable suggestions.

Make the changes you want and then run ant in the folder for your theme. The default Ant target is deploy, which rebuilds the theme war and (re)deploys it.
thumbnail
James Min, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 293 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
in the PluginsSDK, you need to make changes in the _diffs directory, then do another ant deploy.

http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Themes#Developing_a_Theme
thumbnail

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 47 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks for the suggestions. But still there are issues.
I tried the following:
1. modified the desired files (eg. portal_normal.vm)
2. copied it to the _diff/templates folder
3. executed the ant command from new custom theme created in Plugins SDK
4. copied the war file, after removing the version info, to the auto deploy folder of Liferay
5. the theme is getting copied and registered successfully. I verified in the command prompt

But still I cant see the changes getting reflected in the theme. The result is not as I expect.

Could anyone please suggest how to proceed or did I miss some steps in between.

Thanks.
thumbnail
James Min, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 293 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
check what is deployed in tomcat/webapps to make sure your deployed theme WAR is being replaced. the stuff in _diffs will end up being merged together when deployed. check the file you changed to make sure it is there. if it is there, you nee dto do a hard refresh (CTRL F5). if that fails, delete the tomcat/work directory and retry. if that fails, delete the WAR from the webapps directory manually and start over.

if you don't even see the changes in webapps in the first place, then your directory structure in your plugins SDK project must be off.
thumbnail

Thanks. I tried some simple modifications to the templates and got the changes reflected.