Fórumok

theme general design

thumbnail
Sebastián Gurin, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

theme general design

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 75 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.06.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi all. I had successfully developed my own theme using "classic" theme as a start point.

Now I need to make "serious" design changes that implies structure and visual behavior modifications. For example, I want all dock's items (like "Home", "My account", "My places", etc) to be horizontally visible without having to hovering. Investigating a little I've seen that, although one can modify theme's html markup with velocity templates, the markup is *tied to non theme javascript files* like the ones in portal-web\docroot\html\js\liferay. For example portal-web\docroot\html\js\liferay\dock.js depends on a html markup given by .vm theme templates. if dock corresponding html markup is modified by a theme, then portal-web\docroot\html\js\liferay\dock.js won't work.

My first question is, it is recommendable to modify a theme's markup that will make javascript like portal-web\docroot\html\js\liferay\dock.js unusable ? It is recommendable to *redefine* javascript objects like Liferay.Dock, Liferay.Navigation in theme's javascript.js ?

second: wouldn't be better that each theme define its own Liferay.Dock, Liferay.Navigation, etc javascript objects since these objects expects a markup given by theme's velocity templates?

thanks in advance. any suggestion or experience on this kind of situation is welcome. and excuse my poor english...
thumbnail
Ray Augé, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

RE: theme general design

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1197 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.02.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
You can start dy simply disabling the js on the dock by removing the [tt]interactive-mode[/tt] class on the top level dock [tt]div[/tt].

That should reduce the dock to just some relatively basic list format which you can then style as desired.

Hope that helps!
thumbnail

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 75 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.06.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks Ray for your reply!

yes, disable "interactive-mode " is what I want. Or at least, because it seems that "My places" dock's item is not supported in "non-interactive-mode ". But this is enough for me, i can start working from here. thanks again.
thumbnail

I forgot to say. i have tried to disable "interactive-mode" in both classic and brochure themes' dock. In both cases "My places" dock item doesn't appear. If "interactive-mode" is synonymous of "javascript disabled" i think that it does make sense. But if dock's interactive-mode means something more related with aesthetics i think a "my places" drop item can be done.
thumbnail
Michael Saechang, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

moved thread.

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 576 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.11.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
moved to Custom Theme Development.