Fórumok

Is LR CE 6.0 GA4 stable?

Greg Smith, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Is LR CE 6.0 GA4 stable?

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.11.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

I downloaded the Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.0 GA4 version Bundled with Tomcat on Wednesday, 13 April 2011 at 06:14 GMT. I started tomcat and, after the portal was up, shutdown Tomcat. I got masses of errors in the Tomcat logs from the shutdown, e.g. errors from lucene such as below. So, is LR6.0 GA4 stable?

06:15:32,229 ERROR [SearchWriterMessageListener:36] Unable to process message {destinationName=liferay/search_writer, responseDestinationName=null, responseId=null, payload={companyId=0, document={uid=[PluginPackageIndexer_PORTLET_liferay/chat-portlet/6.0.4.1/war], moduleId=[liferay/chat-portlet/6.0.4.1/war], installedVersion=[null], status=[notInstalled], tag=[], artifactId=[chat-portlet], osi-approved-license=[true], type=[portlet], modified=[20100723230146], version=[6.0.4.1], content=[Chat Liferay, Inc. This portlet implements chat features in the portal. ], groupId=[liferay], author=[Liferay, Inc.], title=[Chat], repositoryURL=[http://plugins.liferay.com/official], shortDescription=[This portlet implements chat features in the portal.], portletId=[PluginPackageIndexer], license=[MIT], changeLog=[Adapted for the latest version of Liferay.]}, documents=null, end=0, id=null, ids=null, query=null, searchEngineCommand=UPDATE_DOCUMENT, sorts=null, start=0}, values=null}
org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosedException: this IndexWriter is closed
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.ensureOpen(IndexWriter.java:812)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.ensureOpen(IndexWriter.java:817)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.commit(IndexWriter.java:4210)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.commit(IndexWriter.java:4196)
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Is LR CE 6.0 GA4 stable?

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I downloaded the Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.0 GA4 version Bundled with Tomcat on Wednesday, 13 April 2011 at 06:14 GMT. I started tomcat and, after the portal was up, shutdown Tomcat. I got masses of errors in the Tomcat logs from the shutdown, e.g. errors from lucene such as below. So, is LR6.0 GA4 stable?

Yes, as stable as other software.
The community edition with bundled application server is mainly for demo purposes. It allows users to just download and startup Liferay and play around with the demo site.

As you're probably aware, servers don't actually work that way. Liferay should be a network server using a database. In other words, to actually use Liferay in a real corporate setting, some technical skills are required to set it up - you can read the available documentations or hire some one to do it for you.

I also ran it on MySQL, with essentially the same errors on shutdown. This didn't happen with LR5.2. If the demo bundled version fails to run without masses of errors, how can there be any confidence finding new errors from configuring a real portal?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I also ran it on MySQL, with essentially the same errors on shutdown. This didn't happen with LR5.2. If the demo bundled version fails to run without masses of errors, how can there be any confidence finding new errors from configuring a real portal?

Because we don't use the demo bundle in real production server. emoticon
Even when using a community version, I use the war package in production.

Liferay offers a "trial" version of their enterprise version too. emoticon
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1744 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.11.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Lots of portlets are installed by default. First take a backup if u have somethign important. Then delete everything from webapps except Root.war and tunnel-web and then restart the server. You shouldnt have the problem that you are receivign now.
thumbnail

Lots of portlets are installed by default. First take a backup if u have somethign important. Then delete everything from webapps except Root.war and tunnel-web and then restart the server. You shouldnt have the problem that you are receivign now.

Sandeep, that won't do. He's getting an error in chat portlet. If he deletes the chat-portlet without creating a portal-ext.properties file not to load the portlet, he's going to continue getting the error. emoticon

The example I gave was from the chat portlet, but lucene generates the same kinds of error from all portlets. It seems that I can stop them by adding the following line to portal-ext.properties:

lucene.store.type=ram

The following also works:

index.read.only=true

My guess is that lucene is trying to close down gracefully at shutdown time but the database connection is being closed before it can do so. I don't need search in my portal that will probably do.
thumbnail

The example I gave was from the chat portlet, but lucene generates the same kinds of error from all portlets.

I just downloaded, extracted the tomcat bundle and started it up without any error. Have you changed any settings. Delete the portal-ext.properties file and see if that solves the problem. The default Lucene setting is to write to the local hard disk where Liferay is installed. If you encrypted or put protection on the local drive, that may cause error.

I don't need search in my portal that will probably do.

Liferay uses the index to list users, pages, etc. If you completely disabled search index, Liferay won't be able to find users.

The errors are on shutdown, not startup. I was originally concerned because not shutting down cleanly in my real portal could result in lost data. I tried again as you suggested, but still get the errors. This is to be expected because I first got the errors running the bundled Tomcat demo download, which doesn't have portal-ext.properties. Note that I also get complaints from Tomcat about memory leaks (but I know how to stop this, and as it is a shutdown I am not concerned about memory leaks) and from Kaleo (if the only errors were from Kaleo I would just remove it).