Fórumok

Missing step in Liferay 6 Admin Guide -> JBoss

Dan Ertman, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Missing step in Liferay 6 Admin Guide -> JBoss

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.10.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
In the Enterprise Admin Guide, for JBoss, I followed the instructions religiously and still hit an error. The stack trace looks like this:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liferayHibernateSessionFactory' defined in class path resource [META-INF/hibernate-spring.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.AnnotationException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.<init>(java.lang.Class, java.util.ResourceBundle, org.hibernate.validator.MessageInterpolator, java.util.Map, org.hibernate.annotations.common.reflection.ReflectionManager)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1420)</init>

...so I downloaded a copy of the JBoss bundle and compared the two directory structures. Found one surprise - hibernate-validator.jar in $JBOSS_HOME/common/lib was renamed to hibernate-validator.jar.bak (i.e. removing it from the classpath) in the bundle. The instructions are pretty great about telling you all the Xerces dependencies to remove, but looks like this one was missed.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

RE: Missing step in Liferay 6 Admin Guide -> JBoss

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
This is very well known problem. I think the Admin Guide was pretty much written for the Tomcat.

There's a thread on installing 5.x on JBoss, but I've found some changes were required for the Liferay 6.x.
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/1287727

If you have time, please write up a wiki on it. emoticon
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2871 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Dan,

Thanks for reporting Rich. I've forwarded it to Rich so that he can take a look and see if it can be verified. I know he tested the instructions in all application servers mentioned in the guide, but let's verify for sure.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Our engineers were complaining about not able to deploy Liferay as was written.
They may have been looking at the old document or it may have been that the document was not up to date with the current release of Liferay, or it may have been because of the JBoss version that we were going to use.

I don't quite remember if this was also the case but if the liferay war file's portal.properties also is set to require chat portlet, I think they were also complaining about getting errors when they just deployed the minimum liferay plugin install as instructed.

Would, also, appreciate if Rich would check to make sure there aren't any errors after the install.
thumbnail
Jim Hinkey, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 62 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.02.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hitoshi,

We have run into an exception during startup of the JBoss with Liferay Enterprise Edition. We are investigating the issue to determine whether it has negative impact and whether additional setup steps are required.

The admin guide will be updated with the prescribed setup steps for running with JBoss.
These changes will include the requirement to remove hibernate-validator.jar. Note, the update will also include the requirement to keep jaxen.jar.

We'll let you know when the issue has been resolved and the admin guide has been updated.

Thanks,
Jim
thumbnail

I'll hope you'll take care of the following issue too. I think the Administration Guide needs a review for updates. I'm currently writing a Japanese version of the Guides (on the wiki) and will post other topics as I find them.

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/8301064
thumbnail
Jim Hinkey, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 62 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.02.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Hitoshi,

Please pardon me for not getting back to you sooner. These updates have been made to the Liferay 6 Admin Guide (online and PDF).

Regards,
Jim
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Thanks. Will update the Japanese wiki if I'm missing something. emoticon