Fórumok

How to submit objects to JSON web services?

Sergey B, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

How to submit objects to JSON web services?

New Member Bejegyzések: 15 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.11.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
Using LR 6.1 CE on Tomcat. I have custom services generated by the service builder using remote-service="true" attribute, out of the box JSON UI provided by Liferay is working great. I can browse to it: http://localhost:8080/my-portlet/api/jsonws/ and retrieve objects, for example:

GET: http://localhost:8080/my-portlet/api/secure/jsonws/item/retrieve-items
RESPONSE: [{"companyId":10154,"itemId":1,"groupId":10198,"name":"Test Item 1","userId":10196},{"companyId":10154,"itemId":2,"groupId":10198,"name":"Test Item 2","userId":10196}]

But when I try to submit a similarly encoded object back for creation, it fails to get parsed correctly and all values comes through as 0 or null, for example:

POST: http://localhost:8080/athletics-portlet/api/secure/jsonws/exercise/create
POST parameters:
newExercise:{"companyId":10154,"groupId":10198,"name":"Test Item 3","userId":10196}
 newExercise:com.amstatz.model.impl.ExerciseImpl ----> This parameter has '+' in front of it and is needed for JSON Web Service to know what kind of object to the request is.
RESPONSE: {"exception":"com.liferay.portal.NoSuchRoleException: No Role exists with the key {companyId=0, name=Owner}"}

Also tried submitting all the parameters as separate form fields, but that didn't work either. Is there an easy way to accomplish this, especially from Java?

Tried using CXF to expose the service, but couldn't get past an issue with missing namespace handlers, even tried manually aggregating these files and placing them in every imaginable location but LR still couldn't find it when deploying.

I would like to write a client to submit and read data to my custom services generated by the Service Builder (JSON, SOAP or other solutions as long as security is integrated), but finding it very difficult to find any working examples outside of simple hello world that submits a string and gets a string back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: How to submit objects to JSON web services?

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6396 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sorry, can't help too much here. As you have mentioned in another thread, you're still looking for an answer here, so I reply, hoping that somebody will pick it up when it's more recently changed.
Have you compared this with the Liferay API JSON calls and implementation?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
thumbnail
python shi, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 11 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.07.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
I also have the problem, in my POST json string contian a array object, it can't convert in service side.

my service method :
> public String searchFile(String userName, String keywords, ArrayList<String>
> folderPaths)
>
> POST json string:
> {"method":search-file,
> "params":{"keywords":"log4j.xml","userName":"pythonshi","folderPaths":["/officeHK/shipment-doc/air/export/August2012","/officeHK/shipment-doc/air/export/October­2012"]},
> "id":100, "jsonrpc":"2.0"}
> it return:
> {"id":100,"error":{"code":-32603,"message":"java.lang.ClassCastException:­
> Unable to cast value to type: java.util.ArrayList"},"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

If any configure to set the convertion?
Đỗ Nguyên Thạnh, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.08.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
same problem:
Unable to cast value to type: java.util.ArrayList"},"jsonrpc":"2.0"
can anyone help me solve this?
Zain Abideen, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 5 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.08.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi

@sergey can you please post here the code snippet that you used to send this POST call... I need an example which combines inner parameters with object parameters.

Thanking you in anticipation