Fórumok

Document Library Null pointer error

Amit Shukla, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Document Library Null pointer error

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 93 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.06.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi all,

We are getting following errors when we click documents and media section and not able to see add button on DMS portlet.

1-Current URL /group/control_panel/manage?p_p_id=20&p_p_lifecycle=2&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view&p_p_cacheability=cacheLevelPage&doAsGroupId=10227&refererPlid=10709 generates exception: null

2- at org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.document_005flibrary.add_005fbutton_jsp._jspService(add_005fbutton_jsp.java:1385)

Any idea about this....??????????????????????????????????
thumbnail
Miguel Ángel Júlvez, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Document Library Null pointer error

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 63 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.03.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Amit,

Did you get fix it?

Regards
Amit Shukla, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 93 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.06.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
yes
John Miller, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 5 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.11.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
How did you fix the problem?
thumbnail
Daniel Tyger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 105 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.02.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
John Miller:
How did you fix the problem?

John (or anyone) - any luck / progress...? -daniel
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
thumbnail
Daniel Tyger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 105 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.02.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Juan Gonzalez:
Applying the fix for this issue (or upgrade to 6.1.2 GA3) perhaps?

https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-27449?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:changehistory-tabpanel

Juan - thank you kindly for replying. Oddly enough, I receive this error in *both* GA2 release tomcat bundle *and* the new GA3 release tomcat bundle. This is an upgraded database from 5.2/3 era...

Even though we are not in a sharded environment, do you still recommend the fix at that thread...?

It seems like it just can't draw the actions button-- is that related to a missing UI file or due to user permissions when accessing the portlet via control panel? (I am in as omni admin when receiving these errors...

I noticed also the "Actions" button does show up for *folder actions* when you click the box to activate a folder.

The Actions button seems to be missing only when the "Add Document / file" option should be showing...
Alberto Marcos, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.10.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
I give the same error on a 6.1.2 GA3 and the problem was in the database.
Inside the table DLFileEntryType wasn't a register for the Basic Document. After create the register the button ADD apeared into the Documents & Media portlet.

I dont' know why that register dissapered but it worked for me. emoticon