Fórumok

Liferay Marketplace Now Available!

thumbnail
James Falkner, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Marketplace Now Available!

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1399 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
All,

It's been a long time coming, but the Liferay Marketplace is now online and available! You can use it through www.liferay.com/marketplace or through your new Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA2's Control Panel. More details will be coming out in the following weeks as we prepare to make Liferay ISV apps available, and open it up for you to upload as well (currently you can only download plugins from Liferay). For now, also check out the related User Guide and Developer Guide for the Marketplace.
thumbnail
Tejas Kanani, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay Marketplace Now Available!

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 654 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.01.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Great !!!
Finally It's Available after a long time !!! emoticon
Great news and looking forward to have hands on GA2 & Marketplace.
Thanks James.
thumbnail
Jens Meinecke, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 43 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Yeeeehaaw! Great news! emoticon
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 803 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.03.10. Legújabb bejegyzések
James, It's Great News !!!!!! emoticon
thumbnail
Davide Piazza, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.05.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
I "purchased"
In the received mail: "Liferay Marketplace Notification: Social Office"
the link to the App Manager to perform the download points to null. arghhhhh.....
thumbnail
Davide Piazza, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.05.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
"App manager" in avialable at liferay.com under user profile
thumbnail
Michael Saechang, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 576 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.11.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Davide Piazza:
I "purchased"
In the received mail: "Liferay Marketplace Notification: Social Office"
the link to the App Manager to perform the download points to null. arghhhhh.....

Hi Davide,

The link to the 'App Manager' that I received in the confirmation email seems to be working for me. Could you please provide where the link was pointing to?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Jay Patel, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 118 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Cool, it's finally here...emoticon

-Jay.
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1744 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.11.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi James,

Thats really cool. Just had a question, as to what happens to the existing community plugins that we had earlier created. Will they be moved to Marketplace anytime soon?

Regards,
Sandeep Nair
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1399 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sandeep Nair:
Hi James,

Thats really cool. Just had a question, as to what happens to the existing community plugins that we had earlier created. Will they be moved to Marketplace anytime soon?

Regards,
Sandeep Nair

We are not going to move any community plugins automatically (some may need to be recompiled, some might be old, some might not have source code associated, etc). Each developer will need to move their plugins into the Marketplace, once the Marketplace is open for uploading (my guess is this will be in the next 4-6 weeks).
thumbnail
Rotterdam Community Solutions, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 15 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.12.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
James Falkner:
Sandeep Nair:
Hi James,

Regards,
Sandeep Nair

We are not going to move any community plugins automatically (some may need to be recompiled, some might be old, some might not have source code associated, etc). Each developer will need to move their plugins into the Marketplace, once the Marketplace is open for uploading (my guess is this will be in the next 4-6 weeks).

Regarding to this, how users can download the already uploaded community plugins? The company I work for had published many of them but i can't find anymore the link to download them. Are they no longer available? What we should do in the meantime?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I think somebody from liferay.com said they were in process of moving community plugins to the Marketplace but it is taking some time.
thumbnail
Rotterdam Community Solutions, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 15 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.12.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hitoshi Ozawa:
I think somebody from liferay.com said they were in process of moving community plugins to the Marketplace but it is taking some time.

I have read that they won't automatically move anything and I have no problem with that but still i think they should provide availability for the already uploaded some how.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have read that they won't automatically move anything and I have no problem with that but still i think they should provide availability for the already uploaded some how.

You may be right. After thinking about it, MarketPlace will be "selling" software so I think they'll require developers to be totally responsible for anything they upload - they may require some verification so spammers and hackers won't just upload stuffs there.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:

You may be right. After thinking about it, MarketPlace will be "selling" software so I think they'll require developers to be totally responsible for anything they upload - they may require some verification so spammers and hackers won't just upload stuffs there.

Exactly, most of the portlets from the old repository have not been ported to 6.1, have no icons, no listed support avenue, etc, so we can't automatically move all of them to Marketplace. We will send out an email to those that have published to the repository to remind them to move their apps over once it's possible to do so (even now, they can begin the process of porting to 6.1 if needed).
Martin Ball, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.08.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Rotterdam Community Solutions:
James Falkner:
Sandeep Nair:
Hi James,

Regards,
Sandeep Nair

Regarding to this, how users can download the already uploaded community plugins? The company I work for had published many of them but i can't find anymore the link to download them. Are they no longer available? What we should do in the meantime?

You can download them from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files/Liferay%20Plugins/

Cheers,

Martin.
thumbnail

You can download them from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files/Liferay%20Plugins/

Those are liferay's plugin and not community (developed by non-liferay uses) plugin.

Liferay.com should have got the Marketplace working before terminating the community plugin page. I think liferay.com did a poor handling here too. I think they're having a very bad year after a superb year last year.
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1744 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.11.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Here you go.

This should have most plugins. It took a bit of hack to get into servers and find the information but wasnt tough. Sorry the post is not very attractive, since i just programmatically created the markup from the information that i got from the server

http://www.liferayandme.com/2012/08/liferay-community-plugins.html

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
devaraj s, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.21. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,
I have successfully downloaded social office from liferay market place. please can you tell me how to install and use it.

Thanks
thumbnail

devaraj s:
Hi,
I have successfully downloaded social office from liferay market place. please can you tell me how to install and use it.

Thanks

Check out these getting started videos to learn more about how to use Social Office. You can also read the Social Office Documentation to answer most if not all of your questions.
thumbnail
devaraj s, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.21. Legújabb bejegyzések
James Falkner:
devaraj s:
Hi,

Thanks

Check out these getting started videos to learn more about how to use Social Office. You can also read the Social Office Documentation to answer most if not all of your questions.

I got it.. Thank u so much.emoticon

emoticon
thumbnail
Aniceto P Madrid, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 120 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I attended a webinar last 28th about Marketplace. It was an explanation of how to install an app, how to register and a list of things not yet available:

• company registration available, but applications are not proccesed
  • initially uploaded apps will be available only for the own company, but not publicly
  • paid apps won't be available until the end of the year (maybe ... or not)
  • apps are categorized only by a small number of categories, no tags
  • there is no advanced search: text, categories, tags, publisher, age, rating, ...

And again no word about detailed (or not detailed) feature roadmap.
thumbnail

Yes, liferay.com is taking a beating this year from not delivering what they promised. I think Marketplace was announced last year and I have to say that I'm a little bit disappointed at the progress. I think it's also affecting other parts of their business too. I think it was a mistake to say Marketplace is now available with so limited a feature - it's just still a collection of nice looking icons to download files. I'm not able to "sell" my plugins yet and the worse part is I'm not really sure when that will happen. emoticon
thumbnail
Brian Kim, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 311 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2004.08.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Hitoshi,

I'm not sure if my response will help to assuage how you feel, but I want you to know that we're working hard to make this happen with the best possible experience. In all honesty, we had to release this in stages because of the complexity behind the development. The first step was to lay down the groundwork and ensure that we could allow for integration with the actual portal itself. In order to add in the ability to buy and sell paid applications, you have to not only think about the engineering efforts, but everything else around it. This includes things like export laws, sales tax laws, income tax laws, handling different currencies, adaptive payments, credit card transactions/processing, purchase orders, licensing, and more. As you can imagine, there are a lot of different ways of implementing a marketplace, but some ways are less favorable to developers than others. We're in the opinion that we want to make things as easy as possible for the developer (i.e. doing the sales tax calculations for you, rather than your having to figure it out yourself). This is as important to me as it is to you, which is why I am involved. We want this to happen as much as you do, we just want to make sure that we're doing it right. We are really pushing to get everything done as soon as possible.
thumbnail
Aniceto P Madrid, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 120 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Brian

Of course there are lots of law and tax issues. But I think you are missing the point. The main issue is Liferay does not listen enough to community. This answer is two months after your message. Where are we now? We are with a marketplace where all the apps are only from Liferay. An those apps don't use the Security Manager. I would like to know what would had happened to Social Office, for instance, if it were deployed with Security Manager active. Do you know? No? I do know and I'll tell you: It wouldn't work because new services fail on deployment. And this is only a sample issue.
The main issue is Liferay wants to create a maketplace complex for developers, with a tight control of apps (of non Liferay apps, of course), instead of making the marketplace and apps work. Liferay point of view is not widely community shared. I want facts and not marketing vaporware. If selling is not possible for some time, OK. But at least let free apps work.

Regards
thumbnail
Marcelo Aberastain, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 23 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.12.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Aniceto,

I completely agree with you. I know this doesn't help you but at least i wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

Cheers,
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
wanted to let you know that you are not alone ...

and until the Marketplace is ready to accept Community-built plugins, may I suggest to self-organize and produce a reference site where all existing and upgraded to V6+ will be located from.

We also have a large number of portlets sitting in a pool and not upgrading to V6 until positive signs from Marketplace.

As it may take a while to get it ready we better collate an independent repository of Liferay Applications which will be migrated by authors to a Marketplace when it is appropriate and feasible. Until then everyone will be able to use what Liferay Community has at hand right now.

For independence reasons I have created a 'Liferay Community Applications' group on LinkedIn. This is an open group, so can be freely viewed.

Feel free to join and move on. This is the link.
thumbnail
Brian Kim, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 311 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2004.08.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Aniceto,

Actually, we listened to the community in this case. We originally had thought about waiting until paid licensing was complete, but we realized that the community wanted to start submitting apps right away and so we opened up our marketplace to the community now to submit free apps. [Edit: We thought that this was important enough that we had our engineers spend a few weeks making changes in order to make this possible.] We've already got a stream of apps from developers and companies waiting to be approved. We wanted to wait to make the announcement at all of our symposiums, so you may not have been made aware.

You can find the link on our Marketplace home page now:
http://www.liferay.com/marketplace/become-a-seller

Thanks for the feedback. Keep them coming.
Luis Álvarez, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.09.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
This link appears broken:

Do we have a date to download plugins from the community?

Thanks in advance !!
thumbnail

Luis Álvarez:
This link appears broken:

Do we have a date to download plugins from the community?

Thanks in advance !!

Hey Luis,

The link is now http://www.liferay.com/marketplace/become-a-developer (sorry for changing it, we changed the title of the page to be more clear, since not everyone will "sell" , but that changed the friendly URL link too). You can also find this link in the lower-left of the Marketplace homepage.

We took some time late last month to solidify a couple of confusing policies related to Marketplace, which was holding up the app approval process. Several app developers were submitting apps with duplicate WAR files, and others with bad descriptions, no screenshots, etc. Still others had bad version specifiers (to be fair, they were misled by our documentation, which is in the process of being fixed). So we stopped the app approval pipeline for a couple of weeks over the holiday to sort out the mess. But everything is back in order now, and the pipeline is turned back on now. As we get better at the approval process, it is my hope that the time from submission to decision (approval or not) should be a couple of days.
Luis Álvarez, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.09.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks James for the quick response.

I already knew the link, because my company is already registered, but have not yet begun the process of submit our component.

And we have not begun, because we do not know when we can start downloading other components, and when the marketplace is actually operating for others.

We appreciate you submit improved process, and anyway, we will start our stuff up soon, though we would like to better understand the roadmap of the marketplace.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
James, can you give a summary update on the status of Security Manager/PACL.

Is it going to be fixed (or have already been fixed)?

If not fixed or too complicated to deal with by the developers, is it worthwhile to to work on transitioning custom-built apps to Markeplace without PACL enabled\ (as probably not many portal administrators would care about PACL if the supplier of the application is a known company).

Would the Marketplace application be approved by Liferay if it works only without PACL enabled?
thumbnail

Victor Zorin:
James, can you give a summary update on the status of Security Manager/PACL.

Is it going to be fixed (or have already been fixed)?

Yep, all of the known PACL issues have been fixed and we are in the process of porting the fixes from master back to 6.1 in preparation for the GA3 release coming up in a few weeks.

If not fixed or too complicated to deal with by the developers, is it worthwhile to to work on transitioning custom-built apps to Markeplace without PACL enabled\ (as probably not many portal administrators would care about PACL if the supplier of the application is a known company).

Would the Marketplace application be approved by Liferay if it works only without PACL enabled?

That is an option, but not one we're ready to explore yet. The GA3 release should relieve all of us from the burden of generating PACL policies.
thumbnail

Thanks James for the update.
It's probably reasonable to hold any Marketplace migrations until GA3 is up and PACL is confirmed to be usable.

... unless it can be allowed to be disabled, there was another post today asking for such measure. May be it is possible in the interim to have a big red warning label against Marketplace apps that do not support PACL, as long a portal admins are aware about it.

I do not remember that there were any security issues when we had an Open Comminity Plugins repository.
In current Java world, adding PACL would not guarantee significant increase in portal security, and this area is still gong to remain Portal Owner responsibility anyway.
thumbnail

Victor Zorin:
Thanks James for the update.
It's probably reasonable to hold any Marketplace migrations until GA3 is up and PACL is confirmed to be usable.

... unless it can be allowed to be disabled, there was another post today asking for such measure. May be it is possible in the interim to have a big red warning label against Marketplace apps that do not support PACL, as long a portal admins are aware about it.

I do not remember that there were any security issues when we had an Open Comminity Plugins repository.
In current Java world, adding PACL would not guarantee significant increase in portal security, and this area is still gong to remain Portal Owner responsibility anyway.

In the old plugins repository, it wasn't really a repository of plugins, it was a directory of links to other websites. Anyone could list anything there, including malicious software, and we didn't ever check anything. In today's Marketplace, we are actually storing the bits on Liferay's servers and delivering them. While it doesn't make much difference to end user experience, legally it means we have to take reasonable measures to ensure their safety. This is PACL. Of course, no method is fullproof, there will always be security holes in software. We also have plans to offer "EE-certified" apps which will imply a greater level of trust, and PACL will help there too.