Fórumok

Image thumbnail from document and media in journalarticle abstract view

Daniel Aschauer, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Image thumbnail from document and media in journalarticle abstract view

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 39 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.10.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have an own web content structure where I have field defined with type “Document and Media” where a want to store one (or more) images for the article.
I want to use the image later to render the abstract of the article used in the AssetPuplisher.
How can achieve this?

I know a can read out the content of a Journalarticle so to get the data from my Web Content, but can I somehow access a thumbnail of the image?
Or can I somehow store an thumbnail from the main image to the field smallimage, that is anyway used in the abstract view of an journalarticle?
Alberto Fernadez, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Image thumbnail from document and media in journalarticle abstract view

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 49 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.05.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm interested in how to do this in 6.1 too.
I have a template that does that and works in 6.0.6 but since the API for image gallery has changed in 6.1 I no longer know how to get smallimage or customimage from a velocity template.
thumbnail
Luis Mas, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 146 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.05.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
thumbnail
Sreeraj AV, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 239 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.04.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Daniel Aschauer:
I have an own web content structure where I have field defined with type “Document and Media” where a want to store one (or more) images for the article.
I want to use the image later to render the abstract of the article used in the AssetPuplisher.
How can achieve this?

I know a can read out the content of a Journalarticle so to get the data from my Web Content, but can I somehow access a thumbnail of the image?
Or can I somehow store an thumbnail from the main image to the field smallimage, that is anyway used in the abstract view of an journalarticle?

when u r creating a new web content you can add abstract text and image with it, which will be displayed in Asset Publisher automatically. The only thing you have to configure is to enable Abstract Display Style in Asset Publisher Setup.

Mellékletek:

Daniel Aschauer, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 39 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.10.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks so far!
Currently is this what I do by now, I use the smallImage from the abstract.
What I want do achieve is that a large image added to another fields in the content is automatically resized and added as thumbnail to smallimage.
I guess I could do that by a hook on JournalArticleService? But then in some way I would have to add the generated image to the document and media libray, to make it accessible, right?
Daniel
thumbnail
Luis Mas, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 146 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.05.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Look at thread I told before, I think it will be enough.
thumbnail
Jitendra Rajput, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 875 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.01.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
String thumbnailSrc = DLUtil.getThumbnailSrc(fileEntry, fileShortcut, themeDisplay);