Fórumok

how to replace login with a custom identity provider?

vince generalao, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

how to replace login with a custom identity provider?

New Member Bejegyzések: 3 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.11.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
the way the community version does login sequence is it stores in hsql. then the user lands on the portal.
what i would like to achieve are the following:

a) Liferay portal login that redirects to a separate SAML/SOAP service that does the authentication
b) Liferay portal login with an authentication included programmatically.
c) Liferay portal login and create a hook in the struts action to redirect the portal to an external service and back to the landing page of the portal

Basically our issues are:
1) The identity provider is a remote separate web service and we only have a URL.
2) Initialize our portal only when the authentication returns true.
3) Redirecting the page when authentication has completed to the initialized xhtml page(this is our landing page).
thumbnail
Riccardo Ferrari, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: how to replace login with a custom identity provider?

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 139 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.11.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

Liferay CE already supports multiple authentication backeds (Control Panel -> Portal Settings -> Authentication) from LDAP to CAS, OpenSSO and so on. The SAML authentication plugin is available for free to EE users.
If our needs are to authenticate against a custom service you can think to develop you own plugin.

Best,
Riccardo
vince generalao, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 3 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.11.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks Riccardo. I have tried using hooks and ext plugin. Hooks seems to work for my purpose, however I am stuck now with the following:

a) Since we have custom authenticator, the User information will not be stored within liferay. It will be handled by us. Unfortunately, liferay requires the user to be in its database as it is used somewhere. Similar to this one

b) I did try to create a dummy liferay user. when our user logs-in to the application, we will assign the dummy userID to it to keep liferay happy. Unfortunately during redirect to the default landing page, the user will be null (from hours of debugging), hence liferay says the request failed to complete. We did verify that we have logged in correctly to our own service. it is when returning to liferays control that liferay complains the request is not completed.

c) during debug, we found that ifwe replace the static login page portal/c/login with our own landing page, the complaints stop and liferay is happy. Where could i possibly replace the default login/logout page? (ive tried liferay-hook and portal-ext.properties) and failed to make it work.
Matt Megaard, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.02.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
Did you ever figure these questions out Vince?