Fórumok

Chat and OpenFire integration!

Marcos Laurito, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Chat and OpenFire integration!

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 99 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.04.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Can anyone explain how to integrate Openfire server with Liferay Chat that comes with Social Office? And if integrated, what would be the function of the Openfire Server?
Thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: Chat and OpenFire integration!

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
I don't think they can integrate. Chat in liferay is just handled by the server, it doesn't use the whole XMPP stack.

If you want a chat portlet, you're going to have to create a chat portlet. You'll need an XMPP java implementation (there are some out there) and you'll want to leverage an AJAX framework so you don't have to page refreshes.

Possibly you could take over the chat bar functionality (you'd remove Liferay's chat portlet to replace w/ your own), but I'd start with a simple chat portlet first just to get your toes wet...

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 99 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.04.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
well what do you know. Guess you found your answer too.

The problem is that the tutorial is not working for me... I'm using Liferay Tomcat bundle with Social Office. I follow all the steps described in that link but nothing happens... Or at least i don't see anything happens...
Thats why i'm asking how that LIferay + Openfire integration would work...
Anyone could help me?
Thanks again
thumbnail
Eric Cheng, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.07.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

You may find this helpful: https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/ch-4.

Thanks,
Eric
thumbnail
Chirag M Gurav, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 34 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.01.04. Legújabb bejegyzések