Fórumok

Adding custom fields to existing users

thumbnail
Bill Gosse, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Adding custom fields to existing users

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 533 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.07.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
I recently added a custom field to existing users. I noticed that I when I retrieved this new field using the API it came back null. I had to resave the user profile before it worked correctly.
thumbnail
Ali Shahrami, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

RE: Adding custom fields to existing users

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 52 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.08.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Bill,

If you are referring to Custom Attribute, in Liferay 5.2.3, then I believe this is a normal behavior.

You can take a look at the "expandovalue" table and see how many users have values for the Custom Attribute (map classPK with userId).

It would have been great to assign default value to exiting users once a Custom Attribute is created. You probably have to write your own process to do that.

Ali
thumbnail
Jonas X. Yuan, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 993 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.04.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Bill,

It would be better for you to use Liferay 6.

As mentioned by @Ali, you would get many new features in Liferay 6.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
thumbnail
Bill Gosse, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 533 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.07.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm using 6.05.
thumbnail
Jonas X. Yuan, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 993 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.04.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Bill,

Thanks. Could you be able to paste your custom code here?

Thus it may be easy to narrow down the issue you had.

Jonas Yuan
==================
The Author of Liferay Books:
Liferay User Interface Development
Liferay Portal 6 Enterprise Intranets
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Even with Liferay6.0.5, that is the expected behavior. You have to check for this in your program.