Fórumok

Look and Feel Option on Portlets Disappeared

thumbnail
William Fleming, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Look and Feel Option on Portlets Disappeared

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 180 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
We have a Liferay configuration running on 6.0.6 version and it has been drawn to my attention that the " look and feel" option on individual portlets has disappeared. No idea when this changed or what has caused it. Could it be anything to do with custom CSS being put on pages or theme plugins being loaded?
Anybody know what could be the reasoning behind this or had similar experiences with this?

Thanks
William
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Look and Feel Option on Portlets Disappeared

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 803 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.03.10. Legújabb bejegyzések
please check that weather toggle edit control is checked or not with admin login ?
thumbnail

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 180 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Nope I am a admin and the toggle setting is on. So all the options should be there. I can use the export and configuration options but look and feel is gone..
thumbnail
manasa chandri, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 152 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
HI William Fleming,

Try this code, keep this code in your jsp page.
ThemeDisplay themeDisplay= (ThemeDisplay)request.getAttribute(WebKeys.THEME_DISPLAY);
PortletDisplay portletDisplay= themeDisplay.getPortletDisplay();
portletDisplay.setShowPortletCssIcon(true);

Thanks & Regards
Manasa.chandri
thumbnail
Rob Chan, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 82 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.03.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Do you have staging enabled?

It's also possible that the option has been removed if the velocity templates have been changed.
thumbnail

Staging is enbaled on one of our sites...? We removed the 7 cogs template that we edited and used and still the look and feel option is gone..

Any other reason that this could be gone?

Thanks
William
Ermias Teshome, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 36 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.03.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi William, did you get a solution for that?
Nikita Puzankow, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 3 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.06.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have resolve this problem in portal.properties:

Saves some 50Kb on every page but portlet look-feel modification is not possible for all (including (Omni)Admin)

## Portlet CSS Portlet
# Set this to true to enable the ability to modify portlet CSS at runtime
# via the Look and Feel icon. Disabling it can speed up performance.
portlet.css.enabled=false
#
# Set this to false if the system does not use allow users to modify the
# look and feel.
#
look.and.feel.modifiable=true
Ermias Teshome, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 36 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.03.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'll try that, but it's recommended to add changes in portal-ext.properties in order to override the properties in portal.properties, have you tried it that way?
thumbnail
Fernando Fernandez, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 396 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.08.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
I confirm that having "portlet.css.enabled=false" in portal-ext.properties disables the portlet Look&Feel menu item. :-)