I'm going to start gathering in and trying to organize the Blog related posts. The links to the posts are in the order that they pop up in the search function. If I've missed a post, please feel free to add it.
If there is a feature on this list that is important to you, please leave a comment stating so OR vote (thumbs up) for someone else's comment. The more votes a given feature has, the more likely it is to be included.
NOTE: If this is about the Blog Aggregator or the Recent Blogger Portlets, they each have their own pages.
Community Posts are referenced here... Please put comments/voting on this page. .. - First Post,Second Post, Third Post, Fourth Post, Fifth Post, Sixth Post, Seven Post 7, Eight Post, Ninth Post, Tenth Post, Post 11
- Built in Blog Moderator role that can moderate comments and/or posts
- Allow admin to configure the ability to let a user select a theme for their blog
- Ping-O-Matic Blog Entry submission for public entries.
- Ability to configure DEFAULT public or private status for blog posts
- Ability to control the maximum file size, display size, and file type of images in the blog
- Ability to control the editor menu from the GUI
- Ability to change the scope of entry so that entries that are added to the wrong page can be moved
- Word-press like Dashboard with posts, pages, trackbacks, pingbacks, categories, tags, comments, spam
- Better reporting with click tracks, heat maps, etc.
Ability to report comments
- Ability to have anti-spam measures for comments (max links, CAPTCHA, etc.)
- Indentation following threads
- Ability for end-user to password protect certain posts to keep them private
- Ability to mass-edit tags
- Simplify image or file attachment (an userfriendly button with an upload form. Users are not used to used that images or attachments need to be first uploaded in a document library o image galley, just want attach an image to a post)
- Allow IM notification of new posts
- Allow SMS notification of new posts
- Allow subscription based on tags and categories
- Blog import process for WordPress, Nucleus, etc.
Blog Tags and Categories
- Allow administrator to turn on auto-tagging
Blog User Options - (All of these should be able to be over-ridden by an administrator)
- Ability to set blog title
- Ability for user to determine own preferred date and time format
- Ability to set blog tag line
- Ability for user to post via email
- Ability to use or supress blog abstract in RSS feed
Blog Post Sharing
- Add links to LinkedIn, Orkut, MySpace, Twitter, and Facebook
Proposed features already implemented
DONE Ability to save posts as Drafts manually rather than be forced to "Save and Publish" (issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-6426)
DONE Allow email notification of new posts (http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-6496)
DONE Hide drafts to other users until publication
DONE Ability to install and configure community created customization plug ins from Control Panel (not a blogs specific feature)
DONE Ability for user to set time zone seperate from server
DONE Ability to moderate comments, Ability to have moderated posts: this can be done by using workflow from Liferay 6.0
DONE Ability to preview a post (http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-13521)
DONE Ability to have an abstract of a post (Liferay 6.1)
DONE Ability to require tags and/or categores on blog posts (Liferay 6.1)
DONE Anonymous blog comments - enable the Guest role add comments to blog posts, ideally with captcha. (Liferay 6.1)
DONE Add links to Twitter, Buzz and Facebook (Liferay 6.1)