How to Submit a Proposal for Italy Symposium 2011
We're looking for sessions that will help our attendees understand a cutting-edge concept or learn a new skill that will affect their business over the next 6 to 18 months. Help your proposal stand out in a good way by following the guidelines below.
What Does a Successful Proposal Look Like?
All submissions must include ALL of the following elements:
- Format (Discussion, Discussion+Demo, or Workshop)
- Abstract (max 500 words)
- Keywords/Tags (to help identify the main topics of your paper)
- Relevant links or supporting documentation
- Speaker Information:
- Full Name
- Company or Individual
- Postal Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Biography (max 250 words)
- Headshot (high resolution jpg or pdf )
Keep these tips in mind:
- Show us the importance and relevance of your presentation.
- Provide a simple and direct title or name.
- Define your target audience. Who are the topics and people you are trying to reach?
- Share a unique story. Any insights, lessons, and personal experiences will go a long way.
- Offer original and substantial content, no fluff.
- Provide a clear and concise description of what attendees will learn.
- Focus on experiences and insight, NOT on product or service benefits. Pitches will be automatically rejected.
- Include a short video clip (2-3 minutes). Submissions must include video clips of the speaker and their presentation. Online videos (e.g., YouTube) are acceptable.
- Do not only include pages of code in your presentation.
All presentations must be delivered in English. Submission implies the willingness of the author to register and present the paper, if accepted.
Again, all submissions must be complete with the required information and emailed to our committee.