Liferay IDE 1.3 Now Available to Download
A new stable release of Liferay IDE, version 1.3, is now available now on the stable update-site URL for existing Helios users here:
If you already have Liferay IDE installed in Eclipse Helios you can check for updates to pull down the new release. If you are has Eclipse Indigo installed, here is the stable update-site URL for Indigo:
The detailed installation guide for Liferay IDE can be found here. However, it has not been updated with the latest URLs for installing 1.3 but you can use either of the URLs above depending on your Eclipse version.
Liferay IDE 1.3 New and Noteworthy
Here are some of the important features that have been released for this release:
- Eclipse Indigo support
- Remote Liferay Server support for deployment, debugging, etc.
- New Service Builder Editor
- Vaadin projects now supported for 6.0.x SDKs
- Required deployment context support (More info in upcoming blog)
- Alloy Taglib support
- Better support for Liferay Plugins SDK in workspace
I will be blogging more about each one of these new features in more detail in the days to come. If you have any installation or upgrade issues please ask me over in the Liferay IDE forums.