Gib Veconi
Can't publish mobile device rules to live site
15 marzo 2012 13.16
Risposta

Gib Veconi

Punteggio: Junior Member

Data di Iscrizione: 10 luglio 2007

Messaggi recenti

I am experimenting with LR 6.1 and have configured a local staging environment. I installed the wurfl plugin and configured a rule group with a rule for Android OS to switch layout. When I log in to the server with my Android phone, I see the alternate layout in the Staging site, but not the Live site. The Mobile Rule Groups panel in the Public Pages tab of the Site Pages Control Panel says, "Changes have to be published to make them available to end users." I've tried publishing the site pages from staging to live several times, but still can only get the mobile rules to have an effect in the staging site. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Gib
Juan Gonzalez
RE: Can't publish mobile device rules to live site
23 marzo 2012 12.32
Risposta

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Punteggio: Liferay Legend

Data di Iscrizione: 28 ottobre 2008

Messaggi recenti

When you publish to Live a window appears, and there you can select pages, and other options that are collapsed.

Just click to expand that options, perhaps there is a check box where you can select "Mobile Device Groups" and is unckeched by default.
Juan Gonzalez
23 marzo 2012 14.17
Risposta

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Messaggi recenti

Gib,

I can't get that working too.

I've created issue in JIRA:

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-26274

Thanks very much for testing this!

Thanks
Juan Gonzalez
26 marzo 2012 11.41
Risposta

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Messaggi recenti

Hi Gib,

I confirmed with a Liferay Staff member that Mobile Device Groups doesn't have that functionality.
Gib Veconi
26 marzo 2012 14.41
Risposta

Gib Veconi

Punteggio: Junior Member

Data di Iscrizione: 10 luglio 2007

Messaggi recenti

Thanks, Juan. I see from the issue report that it is possible to set mobile device rules, then enable staging, but that won't work for a site that needs to make changes to mobile device rules. Once staging is enabled, there doesn't appear to be a way to change mobile device rules in production.

1) Is there any other workaround for enabling mobile device rules in production?
2) Is there any sense of when staging support for mobile device rules will be implemented?

Gib
Juan Gonzalez
26 marzo 2012 23.36
Risposta

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Messaggi recenti

Gib Veconi:

1) Is there any other workaround for enabling mobile device rules in production?

You can disable staging, change the mobile rules, and then enable it again. Unfortunately with this you can lose your development pages (only do this when all is published)
Gib Veconi:

2) Is there any sense of when staging support for mobile device rules will be implemented?
Gib

I suppose the issue I've created will be the future implementation. Just stay tuned, and watch the issue in JIRA (you can subscribe to it).