Permissions, community organization.
20 aprile 2012 8.24
Risposta

richard naoufal

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 4 febbraio 2010

Messaggi recenti

Here is my situation :

I use Communities for my web sites, in each community i use teams to give permissions to my client so that he can have validation teams, user management trams and so on . I use groupes ans roles for some of the persmissions that must apply for several communities (also for some of my client how have several sites). i use groups ans roles for my owne employees who do maintenance on several aspecst of the portal.

Here is my question :

Is it posssible to use Organisations into communities such as the ones i use with teams, roles and so on ... to organise members into hierarchies without modifying the way i manage permissions :

That is if a community user recieves permissions form teams and roles and if i add a organization to that community and the emember is made member of that organization will he keep the same persmissions :

In the community ?
In the organization ?

Is it possible to have a separate management of permissions inside an organisation that does not apply to the community we are in (the organization is in a community) ? if yes how ?
If a member has a set of permissions in a community will he have the same permissions in an organization that belongs to that community ? if not what then ?

i would nerver user organizations without or outside communities because the communities are better equiped for permissions management.

Thank you for your answers
richard naoufal
RE: Permissions, community organization.
20 aprile 2012 9.07
Risposta

richard naoufal

Messaggi recenti

i consider this question important, i would be be able to build enterprise portals with a fine grained set of permissions and allow my customers to manage a part of the portal ...
Hitoshi Ozawa
22 aprile 2012 6.34
Risposta

Hitoshi Ozawa

Punteggio: Liferay Legend

Data di Iscrizione: 23 marzo 2010

Messaggi recenti

Your question doesn't make sense any more because Liferay 6.1 doesn't have "community".
richard naoufal
23 aprile 2012 3.28
Risposta

richard naoufal

Messaggi recenti

i am referring to the 6.1 release where "Communities" are called Sites, i should replace the word "Community" by "Site" but the question remains.
richard naoufal
23 aprile 2012 5.36
Risposta

richard naoufal

Messaggi recenti

Here is where things come from :

I work on content management, the solution i have been working on is "JCMS" of the company "Jalios". For one of my clients i have managed to put in place
a system in which my client has access to a growing number of administrativ tasks with a tight control over whet he can do of what he can't.
i found a way to obtain the same possibilities with Liferay and i am pleased to see the potential it has. The solution i used is based on teams (available in Communities/Sites) and user groups and roles (portal and communtity/Site roles).

The only matter that remains is how to add organization management to all of this.

If we were to have a step by step approach the first questions are :

Can i make a organization a member of a community/Site?
If an organization is member of a community/Site does it have a dedicated permission management (seperated from the Site's permission management ? ) ?

Thank you for your answers.
Gowtham Mani
23 aprile 2012 11.23
Risposta

Gowtham Mani

Punteggio: Junior Member

Data di Iscrizione: 25 novembre 2008

Messaggi recenti

Hi Richard,

1. Yes the organisation can be assigned to a site
2. I am not sure about the separate permission's stuff for the organisations, since i have not tried this case.

Regards,
Gowtham