Tribune

Home » Liferay Portal » English » 3. Development

Vista Combinata Vista Piatta Vista ad Albero
Discussioni [ Precedente | Successivo ]
toggle
Aaron Paxson
A way to change "Related Assets" portlet?
21 aprile 2012 8.25
Risposta

Aaron Paxson

Punteggio: Regular Member

Data di Iscrizione: 27 luglio 2010

Messaggi recenti

Hey all! I really want to make the "Related Assets" portlet, a standalone portlet. In other words, not dependant on the currently loaded page.

For example, I want to configure it, where it will pull all assets with certain tags or categories in the scope that is defined, rather than on the currently loaded page. Is this possible?

It would be awesome to show readers the most popular assets (view count) of the site, as well as the most recent (modified date).

Can someone give me some pointers or maybe a place to start? Maybe someone has already started on this?

Thanks!
Aaron Paxson
RE: A way to change "Related Assets" portlet?
21 aprile 2012 11.28
Risposta

Aaron Paxson

Punteggio: Regular Member

Data di Iscrizione: 27 luglio 2010

Messaggi recenti

Okay, don't laugh, but I did get a "work around" in. It still would be AWESOME to have this as a portlet. The "Related Assets" Portlet only works for the content found on the same page, rather than looking in the full scope. It would be nice to have the portlet do a search based on "categories" in the full scope. Anyway:

1). I added a blank KnowledgeBase article, with all the tags I want.
2). I added the Display KnowledgeBase article on the page I want.
3). I used CSS to use "display:none" on all the items I wanted to hide, except for the "Related Assets" portion.

For example:

#portlet_3_WAR_knowledgebaseportlet_INSTANCE_dYkCYjV444B0 .kb-article-assets {
display:none;
}

#portlet_3_WAR_knowledgebaseportlet_INSTANCE_dYkCYjV444B0 .kb-entity-header {
display:none;
}

You can see it in the home page of http://www.myteneo.net/home. It's not pretty, but it works.