Need MD5 hex decryption algorithm used in Liferay
9 maggio 2012 4.59
Risposta

Vikas V

Punteggio: Junior Member

Data di Iscrizione: 28 settembre 2011

Messaggi recenti

Hi,

Am using liferay-portal-6.0.6 community version.

I want the MD5 hex decryption algorithm used in Liferay. Basically if a user forgets his password I need to decrypt his password

and send him a mail by giving him the current password. So, I want to decrypt the password encoded in MD5 hex algorithm.

Regards,

Vikas
Ravi Kumar Gupta
RE: Need MD5 hex decryption algorithm used in Liferay
9 maggio 2012 5.06
Risposta

Ravi Kumar Gupta

Punteggio: Liferay Legend

Data di Iscrizione: 23 giugno 2009

Messaggi recenti

One can/should not decrypt hash.. this is what it actually is. Just a one way to generate hash. You can look for several decryption provider site which I guess searches against a database and then give you the result.
Hitoshi Ozawa
9 maggio 2012 5.22
Risposta

Hitoshi Ozawa

Punteggio: Liferay Legend

Data di Iscrizione: 23 marzo 2010

Messaggi recenti

Basically if a user forgets his password I need to decrypt his password and send him a mail by giving him the current password.

That'll be a security risk because admin would then be able to decrypt users' password. The way liferay does is to send a user a NEW password which may be set to be required to be changed.
asif aftab
19 gennaio 2014 8.05
Risposta

asif aftab

Punteggio: Junior Member

Data di Iscrizione: 2 settembre 2013

Messaggi recenti

Hi
If decryption is not possible then how in .NET is completed that one and below is the link of that page
http://www.codeproject.com/Messages/2797373/Re-can-we-decrypt-MD5-algorithm-key-to-original-st.aspx
I don't know how to convert this program to java if any can resolve this issue then it is really helpful for me.
Thanks
asif aftab