Saurabh Patel
Content Management System for Multimedia Data
4 agosto 2012 11.26
Risposta

Saurabh Patel

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 22 luglio 2012

Messaggi recenti

I need to design the "Content Management System for Multimedia Data". I am considering different architectures. According to my requirements, if you can tell me, whether liferay is useful.

Requirements of the system:
3 types of users in the system: Creator, Approver & Viewer
Creator will create the multimedia contents, mainly video but sometimes static images also.
Approver will approve the multimedia contents.
Viewer shall be able to view the multimedia data in adobe flash based video player.(this will be different application, named Viewer App).
Statistics will be submitted by Viewer App such as number of times particular video played.
Creator shall upload video files in any format, but application should convert it into appropriate format compatible to viewer app.
User may also able to configure few parameters for each video, which are specific to Viewer App.
Creator and Approver shall be able to see different reports.
Different users can have different rights to perform action as well as user can have role based access to different sections.
This application can have user pool in terms of thousands.

Questions:
Is liferay the right architecture for this kind of application?
If liferay is the right architecture, from where I can start with to develop this kind of application?
I am ready to buy Commercial off-the-shelf component/plugin also, if it can help me to rapidly implement the system.

Thanks