Web Proxy Portlet + CAS
25 ottobre 2012 8.37
Risposta

Armand Beuvens

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 17 ottobre 2012

Messaggi recenti

Hello all,

I try to integrate a web application which uses Jasig CAS in a Web Proxy Portlet with Liferay 6.1. My Liferay is also protected by CAS. After a user logged on Liferay using CAS, it should be also logged on the web application embedded in the Web Proxy Portlet. But it does not work: the web application in the portlet redirects each time the user to the login page of CAS. If I use an IFRAME portlet, it works but I want to use a Web Proxy Portlet to avoid the drawbacks of IFRAME. Did someone succeed to use CAS in a Web Proxy Portlet in Liferay 6.1?
I tried also to use the Web Proxy Portlet from Jasig (https://wiki.jasig.org/display/PLT/WebProxy) in Liferay but I was not able. To use CAS with this portlet, it requires a casProxyTicket but I don't know how I can obtain a casProxyTicket from Liferay. Was someone able to use the Jasig Web Proxy Portlet with Liferay?

Thanks.
Rob MacKay
RE: Web Proxy Portlet + CAS
5 febbraio 2013 7.22
Risposta

Rob MacKay

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 28 luglio 2008

Messaggi recenti

This would be caused by the nature of proxy relationships between the portal and the integrated system.

The CAS security of the system you want to integrate does not see the token because the request is not coming from the browser but instead is coming from the portal server to your application. the Web Proxy works to bring in content but if you want clean SSO with the app you need to use CAS Proxy ticketing to create a CAS token for authentication when the portal server is proxying the request for the user.

this wiki page at Jasig should give you more insight: https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CAS/Proxy+CAS+Walkthrough