18 gennaio 2013 6.13
Risposta

Gregory Amerson

LIFERAY STAFF

Punteggio: Liferay Master

Data di Iscrizione: 16 febbraio 2010

Messaggi recenti

Hello everyone,

Just to give you an update. Thanks to Laurent's efforts in helping me, we have been able to find the source of this issue. The problem is there is a bug in the automatic theme builder code in Liferay IDE that doesn't work if the Eclipse workspace metadata directory and the developer's source project folder are on different file systems (different mount points on Linux, etc). This was causing an underlying call to File.renameTo() to fail.

So unfortunately if you are hit with this bug in 1.6.1 the only work around is to move the plugins SDK root directory to be on the same filesystem as the Eclipse workspace directory or visa-versa. I will have a fix for this in the upcoming IDE 2.0.0 M1 build that will be available next month. If there are any users that are interested in a patched IDE plugin I can post it here if needed. Right now I don't plan on releasing a 1.6.2 just for this fix unless there is enough people impacted by this bug.

Thanks again Laurent for helping me track this one down.
Brandt Solovij
RE: Liferay IDE 1.6.1 does not compile and deploy automatically custom.css
30 gennaio 2013 11.00
Risposta

Brandt Solovij

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 23 marzo 2012

Messaggi recenti

Thanks Greg for the update. I'm on Mac OSx and just getting started with Liferay development. My SDK is in my User directory while my liferay portal + tomcat is in the /usr/local/ and I run it via the command line and it is integrated into Eclipse as a "remote" server.

I face a similar issue insofar that my custom.css is not being applied. The *.vm templating works as intended however....
Brandt Solovij
6 febbraio 2013 13.49
Risposta

Brandt Solovij

Data di Iscrizione: 23 marzo 2012

Messaggi recenti

so this is somewhat still an issue for me.

n out of x times I run clean -> redeploy and only sometimes are the _diffs->css .css files parsed.

I have found a way to watch for the redeploy error :

sometimes the redeploy console log reads :

Loading jar:file:/usr/local/liferay-portal-6.1.10-ee-ga1/tomcat-7.0.25/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/portal.properties
Building zip: ......

That is when it fails.

When it works - it produces something like :

Loading jar:file:/usr/local/liferay-portal-6.1.10-ee-ga1/tomcat-7.0.25/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/portal.properties
Parsed ..... .css in n.ms
Parsed ..... .css in n.ms
Building zip: /

what gives? this is super frustrating and greatly impedes my productivity
Adeel Aslam
3 luglio 2013 16.35
Risposta

Adeel Aslam

Data di Iscrizione: 8 dicembre 2012

Messaggi recenti

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the same problem you have I updated my Liferay Server and Plugins SDK,

I have also upgraded Liferay IDE to Juno latest available I started a theme everything got deployed but not the CSS.

After fighting with the cluttering and the CSS not problem I identified the fix and the cause too

Once you have custom.css deployed reloading it does not get automatically done using Liferay -> SDK -> Deploy

Workaround

Clean the project (Optional)

Liferay -> SDK -> Clean
Liferay -> SDK -> deploy

It always works. I have tested it on three themes.
Gregory Amerson
25 ottobre 2013 2.12
Risposta

Gregory Amerson

LIFERAY STAFF

Punteggio: Liferay Master

Data di Iscrizione: 16 febbraio 2010

Messaggi recenti

Justyna Gralinska:
Gregory Amerson:
Hello everyone,

Just to give you an update. Thanks to Laurent's efforts in helping me, we have been able to find the source of this issue. The problem is there is a bug in the automatic theme builder code in Liferay IDE that doesn't work if the Eclipse workspace metadata directory and the developer's source project folder are on different file systems (different mount points on Linux, etc). This was causing an underlying call to File.renameTo() to fail.

So unfortunately if you are hit with this bug in 1.6.1 the only work around is to move the plugins SDK root directory to be on the same filesystem as the Eclipse workspace directory or visa-versa. I will have a fix for this in the upcoming IDE 2.0.0 M1 build that will be available next month. If there are any users that are interested in a patched IDE plugin I can post it here if needed. Right now I don't plan on releasing a 1.6.2 just for this fix unless there is enough people impacted by this bug.

Thanks again Laurent for helping me track this one down.

Hi Gregory! I think I have a similar issue. This is my file structure:

- my 'liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.1', 'bundles' and 'apache-ant-1.9.2' folders in C:\java\

- and 'eclipse_Liferay_IDE_1.6.2', 'liferay-portal-6.1.2-ce-ga3' and 'workspace' folders all located in C:\liferay

When I create a theme and try to deploy it using Eclipse, the theme is built, a war file is created in C:\java\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.1\dist but the theme is not automatically deployed. I need to copy the war file to my deploy folder on the remote server for the theme to be deployed. Is this normal? If I need to change my file structure, what should it be?

Please note that I have Liferay installed both on my local machine and on the remote server and I'm using the Liferay remote server adapter. I'm afraid that my files won't be synchronised if I continue deploying this way.

Hey Justyna,

If you are able to reproduce, can you post a new JIRA ticket to IDE project? https://issues.liferay.com/browse/IDE We can follow up there.
Justyna Gralinska
12 febbraio 2014 13.41
Risposta

Justyna Gralinska

Data di Iscrizione: 13 agosto 2013

Messaggi recenti

Thank you Gregory. I can't remember exactly how we solved it but we did. I think the new upgrade to 6.2 might have fixed it. For anyone else having this issue - you can always export your theme/ plugin / hook as a WAR file and deploy it from Liferay (App Manager > Install..).
sujeesh sujeesh
17 marzo 2014 21.58
Risposta

sujeesh sujeesh

Data di Iscrizione: 13 febbraio 2014

Messaggi recenti

I am new to liferay , i installed my liferay 6.1.2 but i am not able to install my themes using the plugin installation under controll panel, the screen is showing blank , please help me on this ?
Allegato

Allegati: blank.png (28,8k)
Risultati 21 - 28 su 28.
di 2