George Stafford
JRE vs. JDK?
13 febbraio 2013 8.47
Risposta

George Stafford

Punteggio: Junior Member

Data di Iscrizione: 1 ottobre 2012

Messaggi recenti

I recently downloaded Liferay Sync to try it out with my CE version. I was thinking it could help out some of my users going forward. The problem I'm encountering is that when I go to launch it it throws a message dialog of:

This application requires a Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0

Now when I run my local environment options I have

2C:\XXXXX>Java -version
3java version "1.6.0_35"
4Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_35-b10)
5Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.10-b01, mixed mode)
7C:\XXXXX>where java
8C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_35\jre\bin\java.exe

This seems to imply to me that I have the right version and that it is set as an environment variable. What other configuration could I be missing or some setting I need to do somewhere?

Thanks
George
Anonimo
RE: JRE vs. JDK?
13 febbraio 2013 9.12
Risposta

Anonimo

Did it install Java during the install process? Do you have a JAVA_HOME variable set?

Its should work with that version. I'm trying to figure out why it isn't.

Thanks!

Gail
Anonimo
13 febbraio 2013 9.16
Risposta

Anonimo

Also what environment are you running on? Windows 7? 64 bit? or something else?

Thanks!
George Stafford
13 febbraio 2013 10.04
Risposta

George Stafford

Messaggi recenti

It did not install Java with the installation as I already have it installed on my machine.

I did not have a JAVA_HOME environment variable set, but I've now set it and restarted the machine and still the same error message.

This is on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.

Thanks!
George Stafford
20 febbraio 2013 6.16
Risposta

George Stafford

Messaggi recenti

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Anonimo
20 febbraio 2013 7.04
Risposta

Anonimo

We have been trying to test some ideas to see if we can duplicate. We haven't been successful. Your java version is fine, you are running a 64 bit java on a 64 bit machine, you are running an almost identical configuration to me. The error message you get that is when you first start up sync so it never starts? Would you send a screen shot of that? Have you tried starting sync in a console, maybe we can get some more messages...
Dennis Ju
20 febbraio 2013 10.07
Risposta

Dennis Ju

LIFERAY STAFF

Punteggio: Regular Member

Data di Iscrizione: 30 settembre 2010

Messaggi recenti

Are you able to run other Java desktop applications? Perhaps try a random one from http://java-apps.org/.
George Stafford
22 febbraio 2013 13.56
Risposta

George Stafford

Messaggi recenti

Well my Spam Filter keeps eating the forum posts so I am having to remember to check. My apologies for that. So I ran it from the command line and had the same result, as seen here in the CommandSync.png file.

I then have screen caps of my running applications after I click on sync, first one being right after clicking when the error comes up and the second being after I click OK. Every time I do this I get sent to the Java web site to download Java again. Highly annoying emoticon

As for running Java apps on my system, I've run both CE and EE of Liferay on here, along with Eclipse and Oracle SQL Developer, Jasper Report Studio as well. I don't think it's related to that. It almost seems to be in the Launch4j application that there is a problem?
Allegato

Allegato

Allegato

Allegati: AfterSync.png (64,8k), ClickedSync.png (80,8k), CommandSync.png (145,0k)
George Stafford
4 marzo 2013 9.39
Risposta

George Stafford

Messaggi recenti

Any progress?
Anonimo
4 marzo 2013 9.56
Risposta

Anonimo

George Stafford:
Any progress?

Yes, it is a registry issue, where the java that we are getting from the os isn't the version we need. I will have some places to check soon.
George Stafford
28 marzo 2013 7.45
Risposta

George Stafford

Messaggi recenti

Just following up again emoticon
Anonimo
2 aprile 2013 10.29
Risposta

Anonimo

Launch4j uses the location specified in the registry to launch java. One of your registry entries for java is pointing to an invalid java install location, or an old java install location. Check the registry entries for java and ensure that they are pointing to the valid install location.
George Stafford
8 maggio 2013 5.04
Risposta

George Stafford

Messaggi recenti

So the problem actually turned out to be a miconfiguration of my windows Java_Home. I was having trouble with another application and discovered I had an erroneous semicolon. After removing it Sync started right up without complaint.
Anonimo
9 maggio 2013 11.33
Risposta

Anonimo

Great news! Thanks for the update.