Having problems integrating with LDAP
9 aprile 2013 15.42
Risposta

Carleen Dickerson

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 12 marzo 2013

Messaggi recenti

Hello all,
I've having problems integrating with LDAP overall. I've tried many configurations and can't seem to get this right. I'm using version 6.1.20 EE on Windows 7.

My problem is that I can't get my users to authenticate. I can successfully import them, but authentication always fails. ONCE I got it working correctly, but then the Test user wouldn't authenticate, *only* the LDAP users. What could I be doing wrong? I've tried combinations of all the settings (setting Password policy, requiring/not requiring LDAP, import on startup, import on login...).

Thanks for any input,
Carleen
Thomas Berg
RE: Having problems integrating with LDAP
9 aprile 2013 23.54
Risposta

Thomas Berg

Punteggio: Regular Member

Data di Iscrizione: 7 settembre 2009

Messaggi recenti

Hi Carleen,

Have you tried changing the log level to see if theres any useful information there?
Go to Control Panel -> Server Administration -> Log Levels. Search for "ldap" and set the level for any classes you find to DEBUG.

HTH

Thomas
Carleen Dickerson
10 aprile 2013 8.55
Risposta

Carleen Dickerson

Messaggi recenti

I just changed the debug levels. Unfortunately it only echoes what the ldap settings are, not what was actually passed in or why it didn't authenticate.

Any other ideas??
Rahul Trehan
17 aprile 2013 23.11
Risposta

Rahul Trehan

Data di Iscrizione: 17 novembre 2009

Messaggi recenti

Carleen,

What configuration settings are you using. Follow these steps I made it work after struggling it for days.

1. User mapping should be exactly the same that Liferay is expecting.
e.g. ldap.user.mappings.0=screenName=uid\npassword=userPassword\nemailAddress=mail\nfirstName=givenName\nlastName=sn\njobTitle=title
2. ldap auth search settings should be exactly what is set in the Liferay authentication setting.
e.g. if in the control panel the answer to How do users authenticate? is By Screen Name then your ldap.auth.search.filter should be @screen_name
Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Rahul
Carleen Dickerson
22 aprile 2013 7.52
Risposta

Carleen Dickerson

Messaggi recenti

Thank you Rahul - my settings weren't correct. I was searching by uid when I wanted to search by screen name. All is well now.

Carleen