Muhammad Umar
Change in Main Navigation Bar
2 febbraio 2012 11.24
Risposta

Muhammad Umar

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 2 febbraio 2012

Messaggi recenti

Hello Users, i am new to this forum but i found this forum a real help for Life Ray Administrators and Developers. Hats off to all people who are contributing here. I have many queries regarding life ray.

First of all i want to Change or Hide Main Navigation bar but important thing is that i have not complete administrator rights on Life Ray portal.

I have only way to change is through using any port let in Life Ray as i used to change background colours, background images etc. So can any body help me out to hide/ finish or change main navigation bar using CSS or Java Script or any kind of Code which i can use in Web Content Display Port-let.
Anonimo
RE: Change in Main Navigation Bar
2 febbraio 2012 11.37
Risposta

Anonimo

It seems like you shouldn't be making changes to your navigation if your admin hasn't given you permission. So I'm not going to share information because it sounds like you're trying to hack/modify a site without authorization.
Muhammad Umar
2 febbraio 2012 11.54
Risposta

Muhammad Umar

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 2 febbraio 2012

Messaggi recenti

Dear Bradley, u get me totally wrong. Actually i am administrating my portal and i don't have rights to edit Life Ray files. so i can create new pages and can handle them i have almost all available port lets with me and i can use them in my portal. But due to rights issue i can not edit many things like page color as it requires access to theme file which is not in my access so i used to right code in port let and change the back ground colour of any page and in same way i can place any image as page back ground. So in the same way i am sure there must be some code to hide Main Navigation Bar. It will only help me to make looks better of my page. As i will use Vertical Menu Bar using Java Scripts so there is no fun to have two two menu bars in one page.

There is nothing related to hacking at all dear.

However thanks for your reply and concerns dear
David H Nebinger
2 febbraio 2012 13.34
Risposta

David H Nebinger

Punteggio: Liferay Legend

Data di Iscrizione: 1 settembre 2006

Messaggi recenti

You're talking about not having direct edit capabilites of the files deployed on the app server, sounds like.

What you need to do is learn how to develop for Liferay. You can create new themes, layouts, etc. to control the things you're trying to do and deploy them to Liferay. They then become options for you to select within the browser in Liferay to make changes. No direct edit capabilities required and besides, even if you could you would not want to because it impedes your ability to do Liferay upgrades later on.
Hitoshi Ozawa
22 febbraio 2012 15.22
Risposta

Hitoshi Ozawa

Punteggio: Liferay Legend

Data di Iscrizione: 23 marzo 2010

Messaggi recenti

Muhammad, if you need to change the main navigation bar, you need administrator access. From you description, you've been granted "user" rights to create new pages and put put some portlets on it. Unfortunately, you'll need "administrator" rights to change navigation bar and the access right you've been granted is not enough.

If you want to change the navigation bar, please contact your administrator to grant you administrative rights to the portal. If can help you after you obtain the rights.