Liferay IDE Installation Guide
Alternative Languages: 日本語
This document is a detailed guide to installation of Liferay IDE.
Installation steps #
- 1. Install Eclipse Indigo or Helios (unzip download file from above)
- 2. Run eclipse.exe
- 3. When eclipse opens, go to Help > Install New Software...
- 4. Click "Add..." button to open Add Site dialog
- 5. Type in Liferay IDE for name, and location use one of the following URLs
Eclipse Indigo Update sites #
Indigo release stable URL - http://releases.liferay.com/tools/ide/eclipse/indigo/stable/
Indigo release nightly URL - http://releases.liferay.com/tools/ide/eclipse/indigo/nightly/ (Unstable version)
Eclipse Helios Update sites #
Helios release stable URL - http://releases.liferay.com/tools/ide/eclipse/helios/stable/
Helios release nightly URL - http://releases.liferay.com/tools/ide/eclipse/helios/nightly/ (Unstable version)
- 6. Select OK
- 7. Select the Liferay IDE site from the combo selection box.
- 8. When the table refreshes you should see Liferay Tooling category and one entry for Liferay IDE feature, select the checkbox to install the feature.
- 9. Click Next and then click Finish to begin the install
- 10. After plugins download and install you will have to accept that the content is unsigned and then restart eclipse.
- 11. After you restart, go to Help > About Eclipse and you should see a Icon badge for Liferay IDE that shows you have it properly installed.
Alternative installation #
- 5a. Insted of typing in URL you can download the the archived update site from this link liferay-ide-eclipse-updatesite-1.4.0.zip
- 5b. In Add Site dialog, click the "Archive" button and browse to the location of the downloaded zip file.
- 5c. Installation proceeds normally
Check installation #
If everything installed correctly you should be able to begin using the IDE. You can see a getting started tutorial here: