Course Format: Onsite, Online
Portal Administrator is the recommended introductory course that will lay the groundwork for understanding what Liferay can do for you. This two-day course will give you an overview of what Liferay has to offer out of the box and how Liferay can be used for managing users, managing content, and permissions. You will learn how Liferay can use these basic concepts to provide collaboration and a solution to business needs. This training establishes a robust foundation for a successful Liferay installation.
The Portal Administrator course is an entry level course with no prerequisites.
What You'll Learn:
By the end of the training, you should have an understanding of what Liferay has to offer out of the box including:
- Portal Navigation
- Managing users through Liferay Organizations and User Groups
- How Liferay's permissions system works out of the box
- Applying permissions to users through Roles and teams
- Managing creation and display of basic content through Sites
- Managing pages in Sites
- How to create and use Site and Page Templates
- What different content types are available in Liferay
- Managing your documents and media
- How you can use Liferay for collaboration
- Relating content through the Asset Framework
- Extending default information with Custom Fields
- Using Workflow in Liferay
- How to use Dynamic Data Lists to retrieve information
A Hands-On Approach
Liferay training is guided by the expertise of experienced Liferay trainers. You will benefit from their hands-on approach to enabling you to learn the material effectively and quickly. Through the many exercises interspersed throughout the course, you will learn to perform all of the functions yourself, which maximizes your ability to learn everything. Your trainer will be there to guide you all the way to success.