Formats: On Site
This course covers everything you need to know to build and maintain a theme on the Liferay platform. This one-day training covers how a Liferay theme works at a code level as well as what configureable options you have in Liferay through a theme. From modifications to a portal page to thinking about responsive design, you will learn all of the best practices for creating your own theme project. You will walk away from this course with a solid understanding of how you can modify the look and feel of your Sites through themes.
What You'll Learn:
By the end of the training, you should understand how to develop a Liferay Theme Project which includes:
- Understanding the Theme Architecture
- How to build off of a base Theme
- Configurable options using Theme Settings
- Configurable options using Color Schemes
- Using Velocity in a Liferay Theme
- Using SASS and Compass
- Using Aspects of AlloyUI in your Theme
- Developing a Layout Template
- Understanding how to think about Responsive Design
- Creating a Site Template using your Theme
A Hands-On Approach
Liferay training is guided by the expertise of experienced Liferay trainers. You will benefit from their hands-on approach to enabling you to learn the material effectively and quickly. Through the many exercises interspersed throughout the course, you will learn to perform all of the functions yourself, which maximizes your ability to learn everything. Your trainer will be there to guide you all the way to success.