掲示板

Integrating WordPress MU application with Liferay

15年前 に vikram arkalgud prabhakar によって更新されました。

Integrating WordPress MU application with Liferay

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 08/06/19 最新の投稿
Has anyone worked on integrating wordpress mu with liferay?
I have downloaded a PHP portlet and deployed it using plugin installer.
I have added the source code of wordpress mu. I am able to get the index.php page of wordpressmu. But if i try to login from the login page, I am getting a blank portlet. I tried to debug, in the processPHP() method of PHP portlet.java, the phpRes.toString() is returning null.
but when I debug for login page, phpres.toString() returns the html code of the login page.

Need help urgently!
Liferay team, please help
15年前 に Leo Wadsworth によって更新されました。

RE: Integrating WordPress MU application with Liferay

Junior Member 投稿: 77 参加年月日: 07/11/18 最新の投稿
How tightly are you trying to integrate the two applications? Do you want them to be able to log in within Liferay and then be logged into WordPress mu automatically?

Why are you integrating WordPress? Liferay blogs are not quite as fully featured, but especially with the latest 5.1.1 they have been getting better all the time. We run several blogs on our site just fine using the internal Liferay tools.

I'm working this weekend on integrating WordPress mu myself. However, I'm going about it differently. We use a bunch of virtual servers from Xen to keep everything separate. I've set up a new separate virtual server with a fresh install of Apache and PHP where I will be installing WordPress mu. I'll hook it up to the main MySQL server on a different virtual server. Each functional server runs on its own virtual server, or set of virtual servers. So Liferay is running on its own set of virtual servers, and WordPress will be running on a separate server (eventually set of servers). We already do that with Alfresco and OpenX, and it works very well. If one product has a problem, they are nicely separated from the others.

I'm installing WP mu because I need the PodPress plugin, not because I need better blogging so badly.

I'm currently planning on using a very loose primitive "integration" -- probably consisting of giving WP a totally bare bare bones template and wrapping it up into our pages using the iframe portlet. Only our podcast publishers will need to use WP, so I'm allowing it to have a different username/password setup than Liferay. We use CAS for authentication, and I know we could hook up CAS to WP - just not sure I want to do that work now.
thumbnail
14年前 に Imran Pasha によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 78 参加年月日: 08/08/01 最新の投稿
Hi Leo,

Have you successfully integrated WordPress with Liferay-5.2.2? If so then please let me know how to do it, I want WordPress to be integrated with liferay very badly, the reason being Dashboard.

Thanks
thumbnail
14年前 に Lisa Simpson によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2034 参加年月日: 09/03/05 最新の投稿
I agree that the blog portlets in Liferay could use some work. However, I don't think that the proper solution is to kludge something together. The "right" way to do it is to list out, in the feature request forum, exactly what features, preferable with screen shots, of WordPress you like.

I think that the blog should be broken out into multiple portlets. I agree that the management bit of it from the Omniadmin down to the individual blogger could use quite a bit of work.