掲示板

Cant find "Home" folder in my Social Office 1.5 installation

12年前 に praveen orvakanti によって更新されました。

Cant find "Home" folder in my Social Office 1.5 installation

Junior Member 投稿: 51 参加年月日: 11/08/10 最新の投稿
Hi All,
I'm new to Social Office. I was looking for the "Home" folder in the installation directory, but couldn't find it. Any ideas why it is missing? The reasoni'm looking for this folder is, i was going through the Social Office user guide, and came across it under the section "Installing Social Office for Production Use". As i am planning to install Social Office for production use soon, i would like to clear this off my head soon.

Thanks.
12年前 に Michael Harper によって更新されました。

RE: Cant find "Home" folder in my Social Office 1.5 installation (回答)

Junior Member 投稿: 56 参加年月日: 11/08/10 最新の投稿
We just got our SO working yesterday and from what I found the 'Home' folder is the top level folder that you install SO into.

So basically inside your 'Home' folder you will see :
data - (folder)
deploy - (folder)
readme.html - (file)
tomcat-6.0.18 - (folder)

Also in this folder is where we put our portal-ext.properties file, which is what I'm sure you are asking about the home folder for.

Hopefully this helps you out.

RE: Cant find "Home" folder in my Social Office 1.5 installation

Thanks Michael,
That's exactly what i was looking for. But i don't see any default "portal.properties" file in there. I'm starting to learn about SO, so in the near future i wanna be able to integrate some of the core features of SO(for eg, Chat, Mail, Threads, Users, Activities etc), into an already existing application of ours. Could you please tell me where do i start and how do i go about this process?
12年前 に Michael Harper によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 56 参加年月日: 11/08/10 最新の投稿
There won't be a default properties file in that folder.

You have to create the portal-ext.properties file for whatever settings you would like to override.

For example, we are running our SO off of the MySql database, so we had to put the settings in that file so SO would look at the MySql database instead of the embedded Hsql.

Thanks Michael.
I'm also trying to run SO on MySQL. Hope i could use your help in the future emoticon