掲示板

Cache machanism in liferay for CMS content

12年前 に Rajneesh Kumar によって更新されました。

Cache machanism in liferay for CMS content

New Member 投稿: 18 参加年月日: 11/08/05 最新の投稿
Hi all,

I am using liferay 6 with spring-MVC also alfresco as CMS engine.I have two questions:
1) what would be best practice to publish data among XML format or properties file. I have observed liferay uses propertiies file concept (language-ext.properties) but no example for XML driven content support.
2) Further we have to use some cache mechanism for CMS published data at application level so that the published contents will be loaded at server startup in the cache and same will be available for every user without need to marshaling them in java object every time. Do liferay provides cache mechanism in my case or I will have to go for custom cache implementation?

Please suggest!!!
thumbnail
12年前 に Jay Patel によって更新されました。

RE: Cache machanism in liferay for CMS content

Regular Member 投稿: 118 参加年月日: 10/02/24 最新の投稿
Rajneesh Kumar:
Hi all,

I am using liferay 6 with spring-MVC also alfresco as CMS engine.I have two questions:
1) what would be best practice to publish data among XML format or properties file. I have observed liferay uses propertiies file concept (language-ext.properties) but no example for XML driven content support.
2) Further we have to use some cache mechanism for CMS published data at application level so that the published contents will be loaded at server startup in the cache and same will be available for every user without need to marshaling them in java object every time. Do liferay provides cache mechanism in my case or I will have to go for custom cache implementation?

Please suggest!!!

Hi Rajneesh,

I think you should go ahead with XML driven approach as if I am not wrong then Alfresco provides web-scripts which publishes data in XML format.

Also for XML driven data approach in Liferay, you may refer to the "journalarticle" table in Liferay's database...you will find that in "content" column in that table...data is stored in XML format by Liferay. This table is used to store all the web-content of Liferay.

For second point of caching, by default Liferay provides caching at Portlet level, entity level etc. So it entirely depends on your exact need.

If you are referring to caching the content which you are getting from Alfresco then I would suggest to go ahead with Custom caching mechanism like EhCache etc.

Best Regards,
Jay.
12年前 に Rajneesh Kumar によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 18 参加年月日: 11/08/05 最新の投稿
Thanks Jay, Yes we are moving to our own cusum caching machanishm.
thumbnail
12年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
Just for information, if you're going to cluster your servers, you'll probably benefit from shared cache.
thumbnail
11年前 に Jay Patel によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 118 参加年月日: 10/02/24 最新の投稿
Cool.

-Jay.
thumbnail
11年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
If you are referring to caching the content which you are getting from Alfresco then I would suggest to go ahead with Custom caching mechanism like EhCache etc.

Just to be clear, liferay uses ehcache by default. EE users also has option to use terracotta. Another point that may be of concern is that liferay uses lucene or solr to index contents. Content of cache and index should be kept in sync.