掲示板

Tomcat home page displays when starting Liferay

thumbnail
12年前 に Bill Gosse によって更新されました。

Tomcat home page displays when starting Liferay

Liferay Master 投稿: 533 参加年月日: 10/07/04 最新の投稿
All of a sudden my liferay portal started displaying the Tomcat home page upon startup instead of my portals welcome page. For the life of me I can't figure out how its doing this. I can't find any occurrence of Tomcat's index.html in the liferay directories.

This is on my development environment so I was simply referencing http:/localhost:8080 to get the portal welcome page. Now I get tomcat's homepage. All other urls for my portal work fine.

I do have other Tomcats installed but they never seem to be a factor in the past.

Its not a show stopper but I'd love to know what has changed.
thumbnail
12年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

RE: Tomcat home page displays when starting Liferay

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
If you have other tomcat installed on the system, it's probably taking port 8080.
It won't be a problem if these tomcat aren't started up or if they are using different ports.
You probably installed a new tomcat using the default port 8080.
thumbnail

No other tomcats are running when I run my portal.
thumbnail

This what I thought it was so I checked this in both my enviroment varibles and registry but didn't find a CATALINA_HOME in either.
thumbnail

If you used the Liferay Tomcat bundle, you shouldn't be getting Tomcat's home page. If you are, it means you do have some other Tomcat running.
Are you checking Liferay on the same computer that is running Liferay. If not, you may be accessing a different server. Try tracing your network.
thumbnail

It stop doing it but I never figured out what started causing it in the first place. I'm sure it was something goofy with another one of my tomcat installs.

I also had eclipse in the mix with both the liferay ide and an additional tomcat plugin for other apps I work.

I wasn't such a huge deal but I'm glad it stopped.

Thanks for every ones feedback.
thumbnail

You were having the problem running on Eclipse. Eclipse sometimes tend to complicate matters. emoticon
Glad to hear that it not happening now.
10年前 に satyam kaushik によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 13/06/01 最新の投稿
I am facing same problem today.I am really running out of time.The problem started when I had started tomcat of some other application.Later I closed the tomcat instance and again started liferay tomcat startup.bat.But it is displaying home page of tomcat.I changed the port of the tomcat used in other application.But nothing has worked.Please help me out
10年前 に venkat parvathapu によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 13/10/22 最新の投稿
you probably have the "CATALINA_HOME' set to the other installation of tomcat, removing the environment variable would enable you to start the current tomcat server with properties from server.xml file.
thumbnail
12年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
And check if you've got a CATALINA_HOME environment variable definition; you might actually be loading a different tomcat...