掲示板

changing display of portlet based on wider or narrow layout.

12年前 に Nalin Asawa によって更新されました。

changing display of portlet based on wider or narrow layout.

New Member 投稿: 7 参加年月日: 11/09/27 最新の投稿
Hi,

I have one portlet which should be displayed in different ways based on it's lay out position.
My page is in 2 column layout (70/30), left is wider and right one is narrow layout. if the portlet is dragged to wider, it should display me widerlayout contents( which I have defined in one jsp). and if it is dragged into the narrow column then it should display me a different layout (narrow jsp contents).

Please can any one tell me how to achieve this one.

Thanks and Regards,
Nalin.
thumbnail
12年前 に jelmer kuperus によって更新されました。

RE: changing display of portlet based on wider or narrow layout.

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1191 参加年月日: 10/03/10 最新の投稿
You could use this to determine which column you are in

ThemeDisplay themeDisplay = (ThemeDisplay)request.getAttribute(WebKeys.THEME_DISPLAY);
String columnId = themeDisplay.getPortletDisplay().getColumnId() ;

But keep in mind that what you are doing is pretty a-typical and also will not work with the ajax drag and drop stuff

Hi Liferay Master,

Thanks for your response.
using this I am getting In which column the portlet is placed. But i am not able to find the column is wider or narrow.
I have checked the ThemeDisplay but could not find a method for this.

I have to get this data when I move a portlet from one column to other column dynamically.
Is there any way to resolve this problem.

I need this as I need to change the UI based on the wider column or narrow column.

Thanks and Regards,
Nalin.
thumbnail
12年前 に jelmer kuperus によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1191 参加年月日: 10/03/10 最新の投稿
Hi New member

It will only give you the name of the column. You yourself should map the column name to widths for every layout template. So for example if your page using a 30/70 layout then column1 will be 30 and column2 will be 70.

Hi,
Here my requirement is like I need to get the value of layout when we move the portlet from one column to other column.
when I move it... It's a ajax call I think... Its just placing it and on other layout. render method is not getting called here. so what ever I have written is not getting invoked.
String currentLayout = themeDisplay.getPortletDisplay().getColumnId();
if(null!=currentLayout && currentLayout.equalsIgnoreCase("column-2"))
{
return "wide";
}

so is there any event or method is called when we move from one layout to other layout. can we get an updated information when move portlet from one column to other column?
When I moved from one layout to other layout... on firebug->net tab, i could observe this action.
http://localhost:8080/c/portal/update_layout?cmd=move&doAsUserId=&p_l_id=10176&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_pos=0&p_p_id=applicationname_WAR_applicationname

Please I request you to let me know how to get the placed layout details on the move of portlet.

Thanks and Regards,
Nalin.

can anyone help me in resolving this problem.
Here can we use layout listener or some other listeners to get notified when the portlet moves from one layout to other layout?
12年前 に Abdul Qadir によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 11/02/22 最新の投稿
While we drag portlet, liferay internally call functions from layout.js. So we have to hook liferay layout javascript.Like Spring Aop we can call method after, around for liferay javascript.
When we drag portlets on liferay portal, "saveIndex" method of layout.js is called. You have to hook this method with 'after' aspect. If you inspect saveIndex method, then there is findIndex method. you have to borrow some logic from here too. One more thing, dragging portlet has class "aui-dd-dragging" class during draggin event. So you have to paste this code on main.js of your theme to hooking liferay javascript for ajax request of your portlet.
----------------------------------Java Script method for main.js--------------------------
Liferay.on(
'allPortletsReady',
/*
This function gets loaded when everything, including the portlets, is on
the page.
*/

function() {
var A =AUI();
Liferay.Util.actsAsAspect(Liferay.Layout);
Liferay.Layout.after(
'saveIndex',
function () {
var userDrag = A.one('.aui-dd-dragging');
var columnNode = userDrag.get('parentNode');
var currentColumnId = Liferay.Util.getColumnId(columnNode.get('id'));
var customUrl = 'http://localhost:8080/web/guest/home?p_p_id=liferayInAction_WAR_liferayInActionportlet';
customUrl = customUrl+'&_liferayInAction_WAR_liferayInActionportlet_p_p_col_id='+currentColumnId;
alert('customUrl '+ customUrl);

AUI().use('aui-io-request, aui-node', function(A){

A.io.request(
customUrl , {
method : 'POST',
on: {

success: function() {
alert('success');
}
}
}
);
});
});
}
);
-----------------------End------------------------
I am not getting any other way for portletUrl right now so I have to hard code 'cuspomUrl'.

In your doView method of your portlet, you can easily get currentColumnId as

String columnId = ParamUtil.getString(renderRequest,"p_p_col_id","column-1");
and render your jsp according to columnId value.
thumbnail
11年前 に Peter Mesotten によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 45 参加年月日: 09/02/04 最新の投稿
Thanks a lot Abdul, this was a great help!