掲示板

Portal.Properties location, where is it?

12年前 に Vijay Mudivedu によって更新されました。

Portal.Properties location, where is it?

New Member 投稿: 20 参加年月日: 11/07/18 最新の投稿
Hi,

I am trying to figure the portal.properties file to understand what is configured there from two days. Do you experts know the exact location of the file?

I was trying to make a few customizations in the portal, for example:

#
# Set the list of supported wiki formats and the default wiki format.
#
wiki.formats=creole,html
wiki.formats.default=html

I tried to do this in the Portal-Ext.properties file by adding the two lines above of above code and saving the file. However, changing here has no impact on the portal. I am missing any further steps here?

Please help me if I am doing any mistake..

Thanks,
VJ
thumbnail
1年前 に Tanweer Ahmed . によって更新されました。

RE: Portal.Properties location, where is it?

Expert 投稿: 322 参加年月日: 10/03/11 最新の投稿
Vijay Mudivedu:
Hi,

I am trying to figure the portal.properties file to understand what is configured there from two days. Do you experts know the exact location of the file?

I was trying to make a few customizations in the portal, for example:

#
# Set the list of supported wiki formats and the default wiki format.
#
wiki.formats=creole,html
wiki.formats.default=html

I tried to do this in the Portal-Ext.properties file by adding the two lines above of above code and saving the file. However, changing here has no impact on the portal. I am missing any further steps here?

Please help me if I am doing any mistake..

Thanks,
VJ

Hi Vijay,

You can find the portal.properties in portal src code.If you want to override any entry, given in portal.properties,You have to create portal-ext.properties and then override the entry.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Tanweer
mPowerian-BoschLer

Hi Tanweer,

Couple of questions from the below qutoes:

I found the portal.properties at: D:\liferay-portal-6.0.6\tomcat-6.0.29\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib\portal-impl. Is this the right location of the "SRC Code" you mentioned below. I am completely new to understanding the LifeRay.

I also created a file portal-ext.properties. However in the portal.properties is mentioned as:

include-and-override=${liferay.home}/portal-ext.properties.

Do you know what should I use for {liferay.home}?
thumbnail
12年前 に Leo Pratlong によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 363 参加年月日: 10/07/06 最新の投稿
Hi,

if you want to configure your Liferay, you have to write a portal-ext.properties :
you can write on the home of your user (on linux /home/username/portal-ext.properties; on Max /Users/username/portal-ext.properties; on Windows C:\Local Settings\.username or something like that. Google it ;) ).

You can also put this file on a plugin Ext to override the real portal.properties. And you can put it everywhere by specifying its location. But just try to do it by putting it in your "home" folder.

If nothing happens, there two possible reasons :
- Liferay does not have the right to read the file : so take a look on the right associated to the file and change it.
- You have configure options through the Liferay User Interface (the Control Panel) : when you change a value on the Control Panel, the value is changed in database and it will override any configuration from the portal-ext.properties for this option. So, ensure you do not have change configuration throught your Control Panel (if you did it, you can delete corresponding lines in database, but it's risky).

Good luck!
12年前 に Megha Shah によって更新されました。

RE: Portal.Properties location, where is it? (回答)

New Member 投稿: 21 参加年月日: 11/09/29 最新の投稿
Vijay Mudivedu:
Hi Tanweer,

Couple of questions from the below qutoes:

I found the portal.properties at: D:\liferay-portal-6.0.6\tomcat-6.0.29\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib\portal-impl. Is this the right location of the "SRC Code" you mentioned below. I am completely new to understanding the LifeRay.

I also created a file portal-ext.properties. However in the portal.properties is mentioned as:

include-and-override=${liferay.home}/portal-ext.properties.

Do you know what should I use for {liferay.home}?

Hi,
You can write a new file called portal-ext.properties and place it under this location ROOT\WEBINF\classes and put whichever properties you want to overwrite here. Then just re-start your server to get the changes into effect.
This should help.

RE: Portal.Properties location, where is it? (回答)

HUH!! Thanks for helping me out.. It finally worked.emoticon

This step helped me ... Then just re-start your server to get the changes into effect.

1. On the windows machine, I had to go to D:\ liferay-portal-6.0.6\tomcat-6.0.29\bin:
2. Opened the command prompt: Selected the above path and ran the "Shutdown.bat" file.
3. Opened the command prompt: Selected the above path and ran the "Startup.bat" file.

Rgds,
Vijay
thumbnail
9年前 に Javier Solana によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 59 参加年月日: 14/06/26 最新の投稿
Thanks! after hours of searching, this is the easiest way that I found to get things work!
I mean the ROOT\WEBINF\classes\portal-ext.properties file
thumbnail
8年前 に darren rose によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 215 参加年月日: 15/04/04 最新の投稿
Javier Solana:
Thanks! after hours of searching, this is the easiest way that I found to get things work!
I mean the ROOT\WEBINF\classes\portal-ext.properties file

can't I acheive this using a hook and adding a portal-ext.properties file to the generated web app?
thumbnail
8年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
No, and Javier's placement for portal-ext.properties is deprecated.

This is not a file that should be hookable or anything. It is a settings file that controls how the portal functions and is not meant to be that dynamic.

The appropriate place for the file is the $LIFERAY_HOME directory, this is also the directory where you find the data directory and the deploy directory. This too is outside of the application server folder which should enforce the understanding that it is not hookable nor deployable.
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
No, and Javier's placement for portal-ext.properties is deprecated.

This is not a file that should be hookable or anything. It is a settings file that controls how the portal functions and is not meant to be that dynamic.

The appropriate place for the file is the $LIFERAY_HOME directory, this is also the directory where you find the data directory and the deploy directory. This too is outside of the application server folder which should enforce the understanding that it is not hookable nor deployable.

Ok, assuming I will need to create an Ext plugin, can I get away with just creating the ext-impl and ext-web maven modules?
thumbnail

WTH? What part of "no it should not be deployed" didn't you get?

Sure, do it with a partial EXT plugin. That would seem to be just the right nonsense you should keep trying.
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
WTH? What part of "no it should not be deployed" didn't you get?

Sure, do it with a partial EXT plugin. That would seem to be just the right nonsense you should keep trying.

very helpful
thumbnail

Your sarcasm aside, it was helpful.

No it should not be deployed. Period. It's not even supposed to be in the webapps directory at all if you do things the right way.

No, you cannot deploy only part of an ext plugin. It's either all or none. You can't deploy half of a portlet, half of a hook, half of a theme, ... It is what it is.

Yes I understand you're trying to disable having to change the password the first time you log in. Yes I understand you haven't figured it out so far. But that doesn't mean that you're going to find some hacked solution in any of these odd scenarios you keep posting about that will get you there.
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
Your sarcasm aside, it was helpful.

No it should not be deployed. Period. It's not even supposed to be in the webapps directory at all if you do things the right way.

No, you cannot deploy only part of an ext plugin. It's either all or none. You can't deploy half of a portlet, half of a hook, half of a theme, ... It is what it is.

Yes I understand you're trying to disable having to change the password the first time you log in. Yes I understand you haven't figured it out so far. But that doesn't mean that you're going to find some hacked solution in any of these odd scenarios you keep posting about that will get you there.

I have placed a portal-ext.properties in my liferay 6.2 home folder

the file contains

passwords.default.policy.change.required=false

and yet, when users login for the first time, they are asked to change their password - how do I prevent this?

thanks
thumbnail
8年前 に Suresh Nimmakayala によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 690 参加年月日: 04/08/18 最新の投稿
try
control panel --> password Policies -->Default Password policy -- edit --> uncheck Change Required under Changeable

it is working for me

Regards
Suresh
thumbnail

Suresh Nimmakayala:
try
control panel --> password Policies -->Default Password policy -- edit --> uncheck Change Required under Changeable

it is working for me

Regards
Suresh

Yes, that works, but I want to avoid the above mentioned manual steps, and specify the intent in the portal-ext.properties or similar, which seems possible, but that isn't taking affect
thumbnail

darren rose:
I want to avoid the above mentioned manual steps, and specify the intent in the portal-ext.properties or similar, which seems possible, but that isn't taking affect

There are many properties that come from portal-ext.properties only at first launch; subsequently the values must be changed using the interface.

This is one example of that.

If you set the property before the first launch of Liferay (when the database is being populated), it will be used in configuring the password policy that is then stored in the database.
thumbnail

Using the API, I guess this is possible?

policy = PasswordPolicyLocalService.getDefaultPasswordPolicy(companyId)
policy.setChangeRequired(false)
PasswordPolicyLocalService.updatePasswordPolicy(policy)
thumbnail

That would be the way I'd do it. I don't know if it will work from the scripting console, but it's how I'd try it within code...
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
That would be the way I'd do it. I don't know if it will work from the scripting console, but it's how I'd try it within code...

It works.

I have created 2 custom Liferay plugins of type Hook for custom configuration and external authentication.

Really simplifies deployment to 16 Liferay servers, where we also have custom fields, roles, groups, and users authenticated via web services external to liferay.

regards
thumbnail

Well then you could add a startup action. Would check the value of the changeRequired field and set it/update if necessary. Means that you wouldn't have any control over it at in the control panel, but sounds like you might not want it there anyway.
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
Well then you could add a startup action. Would check the value of the changeRequired field and set it/update if necessary. Means that you wouldn't have any control over it at in the control panel, but sounds like you might not want it there anyway.

Yes, doing exactly that, now if I could allow numeric screen names via the API I would be very happy